AB curve overlap

I haven’t looked a the code yet but I could give a try this winter if no one else does.
I have some ideas but I’m only a beginner in coding, I’m learning a lot with my opengrade. I hope improve my skills this winter!

A good curved line would be nice as only a few of our fields have one strait side.

1 Like

looking in from the outside I would say your making big strides in coding :+1:

I know Brian already made a new algorithm for AB curve. It will be adaptive like the version from farmtek Greg. It needs some finishing touch but I’m sure it will be there in the winter

5 Likes

Glad to hear Brian tweaked the AB curves. Now it looked like the next line was an offset of the previous one in the same shape without taking into account the changing radius on the arcs.
But in curved fields the function of creating lines by mapped area works pretty well and the spacing is ok.

1 Like

That’s contour mode. The next line is created from the last mapped area

1 Like

Farmtek have a demo here
The curve dist seem to be good but it seem to have a little problem with curves to the inside.
FarmtekABcurve

1 Like

3990,-? Hopefully he only sells the equipment and not the software :rofl::nerd_face:

3 Likes

Hi
I took a quick look on the v4.4 program on @BrianTee_Admin 's Github in the Daniel_Unstable branch and the AB curve seam to work very well now! Nice work! :+1:

1 Like

I also took a look at this version, while I thought that there was not much that could be improved, I saw a lot of great little things. Yes I saw the overlap too, in my opinion and I don’t know if this is possible, it’s something that can’t wait for a v5 …