AgOpenGps for a beginner

That is the reference frame, or reference datum of your local coordinates. It explains what point on the map the corrections will be aligned with.

The F9P uses RTCM3 corrections, it is the data format for the corrections.

For example my local reference frame is NAD83, but they are conveyed to me over NTRIP in RTCM3 format.

I can also use WGS84 reference frame, conveyed over NTRIP in RTCM3 format

The absolute position on the ground of the same coordinate numbers will be different by many meters difference between the two reference frames. This is why falling back to WAAS is a really bad idea, because you can never sync to the same reference because its always on the move with time, so you get a position jump.

1 Like

Ok, so my question is, do i need some king of bonus software to run it?

If it is RTCM3 corrections you are good to go, AgIO has the caster client built in.

Yes, it s is, thanks

Hello, i jost received the F9P and the tablet
Runned AOG and it works, but don’t have a good precision level. Do I need to change the filmware on the board? If so, please leave me a link pls

What sort of precision are you expecting? Did you try it at home inside or outside under open sky-view?

You should get about EGNOS level accuracy if the receiver is configured for all constellations but no correction signal is used. If you want cm accuracy, you need an RTK correction source.