Air seed drill

Not working here either!!! From the settings page the rate set there is sent to the CRateCals class. The sub TargetUMP() takes the rate setting and multiplies by Hectares per minute to give the target units per minute. This is sent to the Nano to try and match.

The code in the Nano has to be changed to run the motor continuously. Sounds easy. Not so far.

2 Likes

Could it be that it does not work because when the error is at 0 pwm becomes 0 …

Result = (int)(sKP * sError);

if error =0 … result =0
so motor stop

New release on GitHub.
Release RateController 2.0.1 · SK21/AOG_RC · GitHub
Install.zip is for RateController. Other_Files.zip has the Nano file and the modified AOG file.

I added a selection on the settings/rate tab for ‘motor’ as a control type. I used a small motor to try it out.

It works with this motor and encoder. I tried to use a magnet and proximity sensor but I couldn’t get that to work.
https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/Littelfuse/59065-040?qs=moDRE%2FDosU23Va4DeTrktg==

I also tried this sensor but it still wouldn’t work.

I know this sensor and magnet work because I have used it on another project. That project used a LabJack U3.

On the Nano I would get multiple pulses for each pass of the magnet. It was like the pin was floating, but I had used a 10K pullup.

What kind of shaft speed sensor do you use?

The Virtual Nano hasn’t been updated yet so it won’t work with motor control.

great job, can’t wait to test this tomorrow…
maybe you are using too good quality sensors! :smiley:
I use a Chinese chinese sensorinductive npn sensor with 8 magnet on a plastic disk mounted on the shaft. But before the nano I go through an optocoupler, like the switches on the pcbv2_autosteer.

That must be it!!:slight_smile:

it seems to work pretty well on the desktop. I will try to mount the real engine on my metering unit in the coming weeks and test in real conditions.
I made a small change, instead of returning UPM for rate applied I am averaging 10 upm readings before sending it. Because otherwise the figures go up and down a lot while the pwm seems rather stable.

Only KP, High Max, Min PWM and Deadband settings are used for motor control. UPM is very stable here. KP and Min PWM could be adjusted lower to see if that helped.

@Tooki57 as tu essayé si cela fonctionne pour faire tourner le doseur ?

No , time is running out.

Do you have pictures of your installation? I would like to order the distribution of a front hopper. Thank you

Hi guys. Di you ever get a working system for seeding with an electric drive insteda of ground drive?

Sorry for delayed reply I am not yet on agopengps but I do have arduino code for a seed drill motor drive
Happy to share if useful

2 Likes

And the arduino code will integrate with AOG?

no sorry but when I get up and running with AOG ill certainly explore that.

1 Like

My current implementation reads a pulsed speed signal from a trimble GPS or if not present uses the tractors canbus speed to set the motor speed on drill. It uses PWM to drive the seed motor but you must monitor the motor rpm and adjust as the load can vary for different seeds etc. I have a setting that allows me up or done the rate if I need to while sowing.

1 Like
2 Likes

Ahh so you have not integrated a feedback of the rpm to the arduino?

Yes I have the arduino monitors and adjusts the PWM to maintain the motor rpm.

Sorry for confusion I didn’t mean you need to manually monitor the rpm simply highlighting that you absolutely need a feedback loop in code.

1 Like

I really love the DIY way of low-cost upgrade (but well time consuming)
Thumbs up!!!

2 Likes