Anyone using AOG to steer the tractor with a grain bagger?

Didn’t find time to get it done, will have to give it a try once August comes around.

For a grain bagger couldn’t you use drive mode as long as your WAS is set properly? I think it should drive a straight line that way and I’m pretty sure it’s not speed dependent.

I’ll test this soon. I think it depends on the tractor weight, and the tractor beeing pushed by the bagger. Additionally some uneven land might turn that grainbag into a big caterpillar crawling over the land. We tried just locking the steering with a turn buckle, it helped a lot but not ideal.

Jb

Finally got it setup on the old Deutz 6006. Does a good job for the 1st attempt. Will do a good job on the grainbagger. Needs some fine tuning but we’re close. Tracktor is 52 years old.

What a phantastic project AOG is. Kudos to all developers and Kentstuff especially for this one.

KEEP IT UP.

20210821_204034_compress14|281x500
20210821_204003_compress3

3 Likes

I’ve built a system on yet another Deutz to run our grain bagger and have played with it for a bit. I found that since I added the IMU to it it let’s me engage it at absolute slow crawling speeds despite the 0.5kmh minimum setting in the 5.2 original version. I suspect this is a bug but it comes in handy in this situation. Also I highly recommend using an IMU for this kind of setup because it helps the unit to maintain it’s direction. If you stop for a while and then start driving again without the IMU it might have lost its heading and do some unwanted steering until it establishes it’s proper direction again. The slow speed filter is not too much of a concern to me because this setup runs on RTK and it seems to work fine with the original version now.

Arne

1 Like

So we’ve made a few grain bags now and have gotten an idea of how things work or don’t. After the first bag I did change over to the micro version with the slow filter. We have noticed that the autosteer doesn’t engage all of the time. The micro version still has 0.1kph as a minimum speed and the grain bagger travels faster than that sometimes but not all of the time. Therefore you can regularly find the factor up to 40cm offline before it corrects itself and then might wander off again. So the result are somewhat straight bags but sadly no super straight bags yet.

I was worried about the drop of RTK during idle times (RTK is provided with hot spot on phone on grain cart tractor) and the associated gps drift but that doesn’t seem to be a problem.

Arne

3 Likes

It’s working now. Turns out my knockoff Arduino didn’t get flashed right when I did it the first time. I had to take it of the PCB to flash it again and now it seems to work alright.

Great job on this guy’s, this is awesome, thank you!

PXL_20210908_213541281|666x500

3 Likes

Hi,
some time has passed and the grain bagging tractor has been updated to the new all in one board.
Would anyone be willing to write a slow AOGPS mod of the latest AG Open version? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

1 Like

The next version to be released does 150m/h 0.15/km/h very well. Its harder to find a tractor that can go slower, to test it slower than 150m/h.

1 Like

Slowest tractor I could get was 650m/h, newest code worked great!

Does it stay engaged down to Zoro though? My thought is sometimes the bagger goes very slow and then as the next fold of plastic comes off it speeds up for a little moment, then that gets filled again (slow) and then speeds up again. It is not driven by the tractor but pushed forward by the grain augered into the bag. If the steering motor would only engage during the faster periods it would try to correct it’s course and then it would slowly drift off again before it comes on again.
That being said I would definitely try it.

Not sure you will have to test it.

The F9P has position noise of 0.1km/h, decimal jumps while stationary, so .11km/h may be the limit of how slow the F9P can go.

Is there any way to run the new all in one board (all UDP) with the 5.2 (slow) version with maybe an altered AgIO version in the meantime? Could that version even read the panda gps sentence? I’ve got the new hardware on the tractor and am trying to make it work somehow.

Thanks