AOG-Hacks

Sorry to come back to this after all these weeks, but we are on the brink of completing this vehicle after hitting some headaches.

The final part I am still stuck on is cutting power to the motor when the vehicle breaches a geofence. As per your advice, I am looking at using a relay module for this which acts as a tool and turns off when it hits a border.

Wonder if anyone can help with this as I am struggling. I’ve built the section controller as per Brian and Arvel’s video and everything works manually; I can turn the relays on and off in AOG. What I had hoped was that, when these were set to green in AOG, they would automatically cut out when they hit the boundary, but they don’t. In fact I am a tad confused by there being three states: red, yellow and green.

Could anyone offer any tips here? I just want the section / relay to cut out when it hits the boundary so that the vehicle will stop if it runs off field. Could anyone advise, please?

Continuing with the post in the other place. The micropengps was based on an unreleased version. But that shouldn’t change things. If the tool is set to auto, it will shut off when it runs across the boundary. It will also shut off when it criss-cross another applied section. The color codes are auto, manual, and off.

1 Like