Ardusimple F9P Base setup

I use a 33ft antenna extension cable without any known issues. used it all summer that way.

1 Like

Thanks re the extension - that’s good to hear as I would like to get my antenna high up on a building away from everything else.

1 Like

I just setup my base station with one of these wifi ntrip master from Ardusimple. Very easy setup and eliminates the need to run a computer, as long as you have wifi. Still using www.rtk2go.com.

4 Likes

Thank you wwfarm. I do have wifi at both farms - does it need to be a minimum speed ? Sounds a good option.

My F9P base sends just under 2 MB/hour, so the speed isn’t as important as the up time

1 Like

I just received my Ardusimple boards my base and rover. I had my BASE board plugged into my computer and ran u-center to see if everything was working correctly and accidently hit the gear with the red arrow on it. After some investigating i found out that this was the reset button for the board. did i loose all my configuration?
And if so how do i get it back?
Any help is greatly appriciated.

Sorry cannot help you. Maybe worth contacting ardusimple. While your at it set your hz to 8 and get rid of the unwanted gps msg’s
Just look at it this way, your about to become our expert on the subject. So welcome to the community.:grin:

3 Likes

Hello
No worries, this arrow only deletes the data from the antenna and not the configuration.
But if you ever lose the default configuration you can find it on the Ardusimple website

1 Like

Are you talking about the RTK antenna or the communication antenna between the base and the rover?
If i deleted data from the antenna how do i get that back? Or does it work without?
This Rockie appreciates the help.

These are the satellite data of the RTK antenna, they are only used by U-center. This does not affect the configuration.
When you press empty database (if we are talking about the same button) this is equivalent to restarting u-center
You do not have access to the radio antenna from u-center.

Capture

I attached a picture hope u can see it but its from u center user guide. i circled the button its the last one on the right hand side.

But sounds like I may have not screwed myself as much as what i first thought.

1 Like

Ha yes I did not speak of this button you have returned the original configuration of the u-blox f9.
But nothing is lost, you have to reload the Ardusimple config!

1: download the files on github ardusimple (Ardusimple) · GitHub
2: Follow this tutorial to reload the config in the f9 Configuration Files - ArduSimple

OK, i followed the instructions but at the bottom of the instruction is a tab that says + BASE when i click on it there is more settings there do i need to do anything with those? or did it configure all that when i uploaded the file in the previous steps in the instructions?
I did try to see where to do these config changes but that is way over this newbie’s head.

1 Like

Hello
You have to download the config and nothing else.
Then to try:
-Put the base antenna in a clear place

-Power the ublox f9 (base antenna) by plugging it into a usb battery or a computer (be careful it should not go to sleep).
Do not move the antenna any more.

• Connect your computer to the f9 rover and launch U-center.
    You should have an RTK fix after about 5 minutes.
1 Like

…so basically an RTK2B, Wifi NTRIP Master and a registered rtk2go stream and it works?

With some setting up obviously!

1 Like

yes thats right. Almost to easy!

1 Like

I was going to go down the raspberry route but I may think again!!

Speaking of raspberry pi
I started working on the “raspberry” base setup based on https://github.com/eringerli/RpiNtripBase, have the software everything on the raspberry but that’s how far I got. Still don’t really understand SNIP or rtk2go and how to work with it in all detail. When I read through I think I get it but then when I want to set it up i am still confused. If anybody has it working I definitely could use some support in getting the correction signal into ideally rtk2go.

My goal is to work with LR radio as much as possible but also have the option of using the internet and then I still have a trimble system that I would like to feed the correction signal to it to via DCM500 modem.

i’m not familiar with raspberry pi yet. With the snip software you wouldn’t need the pi. The raspberry pi or the wifi ntrip master eliminates the need to run a windows computer running snip.