Ardusimple F9P Base setup

Yes that’s the type of thing you need. If it matches the voltage of your micocontroller (3.3v for the esp32) then you should be okay.

I have a problem with high framecounts in agopen and saw in Ucenter my rover sends a lot of messages to usb (agopen). Now I have set Usb protocol out to only NMEA. Is this enough for Agopen to work correct?

As I think only the F9P chip itself needs the RTCM3.3 messages received from base, Agopen doesn’t need these via usb. Is this correct? This made my framecount go from 60 to 6-10

Yes i think it only needs nmea. Should only send GGA and vtg at 10 hertz if i remember correctly

i think these don’t belong to the NMEA, so I have to set another protocol to send via usb also and only check the GGA and vtg. I read this in a post from Aortner also, but I didn’t understand AOG really needs these…

ucenter can be confusing. by default it will send more of these nmea messages then needed. go to msg in ucenter and go through list and select only messages you want.ucenter

After reading these messages I am a bit confused. I have an F9P feeding into a USB in U-centre. I have surveyed in and have a X-Y-Z coordinates to 4cm accuracy. My UBX > CFG > TMODE 3 setting is FIXED and I entered my X-Y-Z coordinates and saved them in U-Center but my Fix Mode on the left of my screen still says 3D-DGNSS. From what I read it needs to read FIXED or TIME. How do I do this?

The goal is to use F9P → U-Center —> SNP Caster ----> Internet to tractor with rover picking up the NTRIP signal via Internet.

I am setting up my base station using the config files from Ortner and have changed them to UBX > CFG > PRT to URT2 and 115200 baudrate (base and rover). My SNP caster serial port is reading INPUTS but sending our OUTPUTS. From what I have read the SNIP Push Out stream is for casting to RTK2GO. I have a registered mount point name which I can see on RTK2GO but not in AGOPENGPS.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I seem to be going in circles.

Look on your first picture after x,y,z you have to check “Use Lat/Lon/Alt Position” and then you will have to write your coordinates. I think that you have to use the first Alt (149.800)

After survey in, we had to switch to disabled, then to fix mode, before we input our coordinates. Then it went to time.

1 Like

Didn’t know this. What problems can I expect if go straight to “fix mode” without disable first?
Should we now disable our “Time mode3” and then bring back to"fix mode"?

I don’t know if that is correct, but when we go straight to fix mode, it wouldn’t go to time. When we disable TM3, and then go to fix mode, we could put coordinates in and it would go to time

Thanks for your help. I was able to get ucenter Fix Mode = Time/DGNSS.

SNIP caster detected my RTCM3 message and has content but the rate is 17020bps. Is this correct? Thought is was suppose to read 115200.

I am also getting the message in SNIP caster that

“PUSH_OUT connection - start up delayed while awaiting a suitable Caster string to send.”

Push_Out cannot connect. Is there a reason for this?

I recall that you don’t want SNIP set to be parsing your serial input as it just seems to remove everything when it does.

Thanks. I will try that.

I really recommend using rtkbase to publish RTK - just needs a raspberry pi (if you can find one) and it takes 5 minutes to setup.

2 Likes

Hey all, I made a tutorial on how to set up rtkbase - check it out here, it’s simpler than SNIP and u-center, imho !

3 Likes

hello sory maybe is this qwestion not fore this place but im not shure so i have 2 c94 neo m8p boards one fore rover one fore the base but i cant get inuff precision whi them…so the qwestion is if i wold get the F9P as a base station and m8p as a rower wold they be compatilbe? and wold i get the bether rtk signal?( i transmit the signal via the computer)

Precision is established from the weakest receiver. So you would need to change both.

For RTK there will be a huge improvement with F9Ps

ok tnx, i mean i diidnt try at tractor yet the whether is rany but wen i tur the agopen apliaction and the corection says float but the spedometer says 0 and somtimes 0.1 so i guess is not precise inuff or maybe im wrong? so if i get 2X F9P this will stay still?

Yes a n F9P as the rover will get you pretty rock steady RTK fix. With the M8P-based receiver I only occasionally got RTK fix. The F9P is much much better.

Does anyone have wiring and config for base?
I whant to connect rtk2b module over esp32 on wifi , to avoid any operating system.