Ardusimple F9P Base setup

yes thats right. Almost to easy!

1 Like

I was going to go down the raspberry route but I may think again!!

Speaking of raspberry pi
I started working on the “raspberry” base setup based on https://github.com/eringerli/RpiNtripBase, have the software everything on the raspberry but that’s how far I got. Still don’t really understand SNIP or rtk2go and how to work with it in all detail. When I read through I think I get it but then when I want to set it up i am still confused. If anybody has it working I definitely could use some support in getting the correction signal into ideally rtk2go.

My goal is to work with LR radio as much as possible but also have the option of using the internet and then I still have a trimble system that I would like to feed the correction signal to it to via DCM500 modem.

i’m not familiar with raspberry pi yet. With the snip software you wouldn’t need the pi. The raspberry pi or the wifi ntrip master eliminates the need to run a windows computer running snip.

I assume RKTLIB is used on the Pi?

I use the WiFi ntrip Master (since yesterday :grin:). With it you dont need any other stuff except a WiFi connexion of course.

I followed this thread because my next move is to try a base station. It sounds like this is by far the simplest and neatest way to go.

excuse me
Why do speak about WiFi ? do you have so wide wifi coverage around your lands?

Wifi connection for a RTK base station. Correction signals then sent via the internet / cell phone network. NTRIP.

1 Like

Does anyone here know if the Ardusimple survey antenna would make any difference when setting up a base station or is the standard one fine?

No idea on that one yet I’m afraid Alan, as I’m still trying to get my base set right with the standard Ardusimple antenna!
Question for the experienced guys out there again please.
I have got my base surveyed-in and in TIME mode, and set the correct RTCM messages using CFIG-VALSET which show in the Packet Console.
I also have it connected to SNIP as a serial steam and in push out. It then shows in the SNIP caster table as my Mount point, but the columns beside the entry are blank whereas most others show the type and which RTCM’s etc, next to it.
However, when connected on the tractor using Brian’s NTRIP client in AgOpenGPS, I have an RTK fix at 8Hz. But it runs for perhaps a minute or two and then says ‘Ntrip not connected to send GGA’ and restarts and reconnects to the caster?
The tractor steers reasonably well despite this but I guess it will be better if I can iron out these problems.
Would someone be able to give me some pointers please?
Thank you

You could maybe turn of the “Request NMEA” from your SNIP caster entry. Then it does not need the GGA from the rover.

The Pushed-Out Streams are for sending the RTCM correction stream to another Caster (=makes it work as a NTRIP server). Your Client on the tractor should be set to listening the Serial Stream that comes from F9P.

You could also check the Serial Stream with “> Show Message Types” that it is streaming OK from serial.
The Input should also be constantly showing an increasing number of data …KB /MB /GB.
The Output figure is growing only when rovers are connected and listening to data.

It’s a parsing issue in snip caster.
Did you set the USB out port in Ucenter to RTCM3 only? The lite version can only parse 1 data stream. It will automatically parse the incoming rtcm3 data and insert the position, type of rtcm3 data and so on…

I can upload the base config from my base file system, you only have too change the location in the fixed mode time config screen

Thank you Richard, the base config would be great please. Morten did post his but the firmware’s didn’t match - mine is 1.12. ( just thinking yours might be an earlier version too).
If it doesn’t match I will check my settings with your suggestions.
I have an RTK fix in Agopen so I must be nearly there!
Thank you

Thank you too esuomala - I have checked and the message types are correct.

Looking at the WiFi NTRIP Master and the fact it is basically AFAICS just an ESP32. I’m wondering if it would it be possible to just connect an ESP32 to the xbee socket (to the appropriate pins obviously, nicely marked on the ntrip master) and use the software off asrdusimple’s github?

To install a firmware update you use espressif’s flash tool software anyway.

It would be at the very least an order of magmitude cheaper… :thinking:

3 Likes

Part one worked!! Ntrip master software onto an ESP32 dev board.

IMG_7216 IMG_7217 IMG_7218

4 Likes

Ardusimple recommends ignoring the Ucenter message about the firmware version and installing the 8m8 configuration. to 1.12. Unfortunately, I have something wrong, I don’t understand the basic concepts! Eg what is the time mode and how is it set?

I have my F9P running at 1.12 so I could send you an Config file

That would be great.
Thank you