CMPS14 Compass

Seems to be a good source. Using the BNO080 is still being considered.

Iā€™m hoping to try the Adafruit breakout this weekend. As far as I can see, the only major difference that will affect us is the CMPS14ā€™s additional micro controller standardises the i2c and does the Quaternion to Euler calculation. The sparkfun library sorts these out.

Moved to BNO080 threat.

Ahā€¦ This is also interesting to meā€¦ Id be interested to try that alsoā€¦

Very good! how to set aog in? Will a new version be released?

Is 0.1% planting vegetables at very very low speed? Like 0.2 km/h?
I managed to plant them only with dual antenna, after fix to fix lowest point is 1

I plant quite a bit of veg and used AOG this year, worked great at 0.1-0.2kph, dual antenna, luckily a level field so the cross track error issue wasnt a problem!

Dual antenna is great at very low speed. When I was using the 3.9 or older, I remember that I have set fix to fix at something like 0,6 because of the very low speed, and it was working. I see that the drive version has more range from 0.1 to 5, never tried but I will.

Drive has the ability to back up, so it is limited to speeds above 0.5 kmh

Well, a very different version is happening. All lines are just guidance lines now. New autosteer board design. i guess new everything.

1 Like

Hi Brian, I am wondering if your ino-code is similar to the one that AOrtner gave us some weeks ago? I have that CMPS already in my tractor and want to use it with that code.
Or should I wait a few days untill you finished the first driveable version?

Single works fine right down to 0.1K for me. Been trench filling at as low as 0.3k today.

Itā€™s always been rock steady down there. MMA noise seems to upset mine at speed on the rough so Iā€™m looking foreword to trying the BNO085 tomorrow!:+1:

The BNO055 has always been brilliant (stable with no noise) unless itā€™s drifting so Iā€™m expecting the 085 to be good in that respect.

What kind of version are you using? At that speed I can not get enough frame from AOG 4.3.1

Does this mean I should wait before soldering another board together?

4.3.10. USB. F9p. MMA. BNO055 IBT2 steer motor.

When I go slower than 0.5 kmh it is like I have lag.
What is your cf9p configuration? Can you share it?

Itā€™s just the standard one most have downloaded I think. The one @Aortner shared. Mine isnā€™t the latest. Itā€™s 1.12 IIRC.

This maybe can help

1 Like

This is what I have used from the start of my BNO085 testing. Works fine on the Nano. Works fine on the ESP32.

what this code for ? ā€œheadingā€ is not used in data transmit, isnā€™t it?

Serial.print(Heading);

is executed (with big H). So what ā€œfloat heading, rollā€ designed for ?