Controlling Bogballe / KRM spreaders

How do I switch networking on in agio? I had the auto steer and rtk connected and running.

Yes that’s what was wrong I didn’t have the networking on and had to change the ip address also as you said so thanks for that. So it’s now sending the speed to zurf but won’t do anything else there seems to be an issue with the working width as it just flashes 0.00 even though it is set at 24m on both the zurf and ag open. I have also ag open set to 8 even sections. Any help greatly appreciated thanks.

I’ve had another read of the specification and it seems the section control for older boxes needs the working width to be sent as well as the number of active sections.
I’ve adjusted the code, just going to sanity check it this morning on my box before uploading it.
It means that now you’ll have to enter the working width as well as the COM port on start up.

Sorry to have messed you about here, hopefully you can get out spreading with it soon!

Ah ok makes sense. I did try updating the zurf software but that didn’t help either. No no don’t worry about that not spreading much yet anyway and I am enjoying learning about all this. So thanks again for your knowledge and help! :smiley:

Try running zurf.py from the github and let me know how it goes

Seems to be working well! The only that it isn’t doing is the proper start stop delays. It will come on and off as soon as it crosses the line no matter how it is adjusted on the zurf.

Processing: VID_20220312_160218.mp4…

I’m having trouble with that link.
The section indicators might come on immediately on the zurfs, not sure on that - if you try it with an empty tank and AOG in simulator mode, can you hear the shutters opening and closing immediately or are they delayed?

Yea thats what I was doing theyre closing immediately as soon as ag open croses the line. I’ll see if I can get the video uploaded here.

Hello, congratulations on this project!
I also have a Bogbale spreader with Zurf box and would like to control it with Aog too.
Does this already work reliably with the Zurf-Box?
Thanks in advance!
Sorry, I’m using google translator.

Je voudrais envoyer la vitesse d avancement a mon épandeur bogballe boîtier calibrator
Comment le brancher et qu’elle logiciel lui envoyer.
Merci

personne la fait ??

D’après le code de ce programme, celui-ci semble également envoyer la vitesse en plus des sections.

Hi,

Good idea to proceed like this, it doesn’t require much hardware.

I am wondering for AOG if it’s also possible to also receive the section controlled from spreader, if we want control it manually from it.

In PGN documentation I don’t see any message which permit do that, in V4 there was 7F F9. But seems not possible anymore in V5 ?

Thanks,

Evening all,

I’ve updated the script in preparation for Spring!

GitHub

New features:

• Configuration is now saved between uses
  • One script for ZURF and TOTZ boxes (hopefully)
  • Better error handling and input validation
  • Using a different section control command (@NHman hopefully this fixes your delay issues)

Please get testing and let me know any bugs, issues or requests! This is tested on a TOTZ so I would really appreciate feedback from ZURF users!

I’m thinking about rate control, however I’m not going to spend time on the code unless I know there will be users. Please reply if you would like this feature.

@xploid When controlling sections over the Serial protocol, the manual controls on the box are automatically locked out. So I’m afraid this feature is impossible. An easy workaround would be to control the sections manually using the buttons on AOG, or make a switch box which inputs to AOG.

1 Like

Thank for your feedback

In fact I am interested by your script to Adapt it in order to do something similar for a Rauch/Kuhn AXIS spreader. There the manual control on the box seems to be still possible even when controlled by RS232. But unfortunately I have a lack of information for data which need to be send for the section control from the Machine to AOG.

Regards,

Yeah it looks like without a copy of the ASD or LH5000 specs you’re out of luck I’m afraid.
I might send an email to someone I know in the industry, see if he can point me in the direction of the spec.
If the manufacturers ever read this, know that I chose to buy a Bogballe spreader specifically because it has an open protocol. Vote with your wallet!

As you say, there are no open specs for ASD. You’re right the fact that’s an open protocol and documented, is something that I should took into consideration before to buy…
However there was already an interface developed here for an older AOG version. By analyzing the code I hope to do something working with the current AOG version. That’s why my question is more about the data expected by AOG for the section. (in the way Spreader → AOG).Regards,

Over ethernet it should be possible, see PGN ED in the excel file:

OK, so you think with PGN ED it should be possible. The documentation is not really clear about what is exactly expected on which byte. But I will try to do some test and we will see. I let you know.
Thank you! :slight_smile: