Deere Mobile / mRTK RTCM corrections

Ah, sorry didnt realise you were so close, in that case would be worth a try…Could you PM me the url etc?

And yes still uisng F9P as base, as used with two tractors using F9P rovers…

Thats intereseting… What a typical issue to happen for no reason, if thats the case than this entire project is largely pointless, as I dont particually want / need RTK on the combine, its just to try and stop the interfearance issue, which this year on some farms has been a nightmare (steering dissconnecting every 10 seconds at times!

Interesting about the antenna thing, what type of antenna are people using? I havent heard about this before…

yea no worries

sounds like the exact problem i was experiencing 18 months ago, constant disengaging, oddly it was worse going one way down the field than the other.

I’m trying to find the post, I read about the external antenna. I’m struggling to find it, i will keep looking. sadly i found it after changing it for a 6000, so i never got to try it out. the antenna looked similar to a Trimble Zephyr Model 2. but i guess you could try any antenna you have lying around

Thats interesting as I have found the exact same… To be fair 90% of the fields so far this year, not a single problem at all…but a few have been sods… But I have also found going on way most of the time wouldnt dissconnect once, but going the other way would be lucky to go 10 meters, if at all… Absulute nightmare!

I cant picture the antenna connection on the bottom to know what it is, will take another out its shroud to see, ive got two SF300’s as it happens.

I guess they do ship a cell module for NTRIP. Radio is pretty easy, though. I use Digi SX modules with a MAX3232 adapter to convert it to RS232 which as I mentioned there’s an internal header that can be used. Everything is tucked inside my receivers with only the antenna poked out the back.

1 Like

Ok. Was it easy enough for you to do these mods yourself?

The antenna connection is in the center above the deutsch connector

So sending just RTCM from a radio, into the starfire serial pins gives you an RTK fix no problem? With mobile RTK subscription or not?

Would love to know what that antenna is!

Trimble Zephyr Model 2 is simular to an AG25, found on most trimble systems. Im sure thats what they where using, in the post i read last year.

Im not sure what the one in the photo i pulled from google is. Looks fairly cheap basic one. Im sure any L1 L2 L5 reciver with a good filter should work.

Im using a WiFi NTRIP Master and RS232 converter on a trimble system i have. It would be awsome us it would work with deere aswell. Although £350 for five years licence isnt that bad

Sorry no. My comment was in reply to the question about the CRG.receiver.

Yes not bad. There is a place on the board to solder Gnd, 12V, and RS232 in to (blue wire if I’m not mistaken). I fed 12V into a DC DC converter to power the radio and RS232 adapter with 3.3v. I soldered a DB 9 plug to the one blue wire and plugged that into the TTL to RS232 converter board. 3d printed a little shelf for everything to sit on inside the CRG.

1 Like