Different Antennas for (ardu) simpleRTK2B

Anyone used any other cheap antenna?
How’s the BT-147 working?
Looks like the ANN-MB-00 is only in stock at arduSimple.

Have yet to test mine. But it’s definitely not cheaper. Pretty sure it’s about double or more the cost of the ANN-MB-00. Also be aware the BT-147 does not support GPS on L5 frequencies. But there is a newer model that does. I can’t find anyone currently selling the BT-147, so it’s probably been replaced now by the newer model.

This one isn’t much cheaper than the ANN-MB-00 ($60 vs $73, CDN currency not factoring any shipping from arduSimple) but am I correct that it supports GPS L5?

I’ve bought a few of these, I’ll see how they compare to the ublox ANN-MB-00. I wonder if I’ll see any difference until enough new L5 sats come online but it should be more future proof.

This one is similar if you’re looking for an oem style (no housing, bolt down holes)

Here’s one supporting L5 in a survey type form factor, similar to the BT-160.

I still haven’t used my BT-147 antenna with the F9P. However the other day my Trimble EZ-Guide 250 wouldn’t get any GPS at all, no satellites whatsoever. I did some reading and it was suggested that maybe the antenna on the roof had failed (it’s not a cheap thing from Trimble). On a whim I got out my BT-147 and low and behold it was the same antenna connector, so I tried it in place of the Trimble AG15 antenna and it worked great. Saw satellites, got WAAS. Might even be better than the AG15. So anyway I think it would work well for any of you on the F9P.

Are you sure AG15 can receive L2 signal?
Also there can be not enough voltage for it.
https://images.ua.prom.st/1632083972_w640_h640_1632083972.jpg

This is what AG15 accepts. I doubt a Trimble screen would provide a lower than 3 V phantom voltage.

EDIT: actually I got it the wrong way, the antenna m_elias linked accepts a wider voltage range than the AG15. The ann-mb would have a more restricted range.

The AG15 is L1 only. I am not recommending using the trimble AG15 with the F9P! However the BT-147 being multi-band works great with the EZ-250’s built-in receiver. Voltage-wise, the BT-147 exceeds the specs of the AG-15 so there are no problems there.

Does anyone have a replacement for the BT-147 that’s not overly expensive but supports GPS L1/L2/L5? I believe the BT-200 might be one. It’s $200 CAD. Looks like it would be good for a base station. But are there cheaper models?

EDIT: Looks like the BT-300S fits the bill. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001667445728.html. GPS L1/L2/L5, Glonass L1/L2, Galileo E1,E5a,E5b, Beidou.

If you don’t need GPS L5, the Top106 antenna (which Sparkfun also resells) would work quite well for the F9P.

2 Likes

Also good.

I am test it and work with it as land survey.