DIY RTK BASE-NTRIP Caster CORS Server with ESP32 and Free DDNS provider - F9P PX1122R

My recommendations configuring GNSS PX1122R RTK base mode.
First, execute “Binary - Set Factory Default”.
Identify constellations with many satellites.
Don’t forget to save your changes in flash “Update to SRAM+FLASH”

Satellites many

I selected GPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU.
Then “Venus8”. - “Configure GNSS Constellation Type”

Constellation Type

Then select the RTCM messages according to the selected constellations “RAW” - “Configure RTCM Measurement Data Out”.

Next, switch GNSS to RTK mode “RTK” - “Configure RTK Mode And Operational Function”.

Then do cold start.

Cold Start

1 Like

My recommendations configuring GNSS PX1122R RTK rover mode.
First, execute “Binary - Set Factory Default”.
Don’t forget to save your changes in flash “Update to SRAM+FLASH”

Select output interval of navigation message “Binary” – “Query and Configure NMEA Message Interval”, in seconds.

Configure Position Update Rate, “Binary” – “Configure Position Update Rate”

Update Rate position

Configure GNSS Constellation Type, Selected GPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU “Venus8”. - “Configure GNSS Constellation Type”

Constellation Type

Next, switch GNSS to RTK rover mode “RTK” - “Configure RTK Mode And Operational Function”.

Then do cold start.

Cold Start

My region is on the border of Europe-Asia, the visibility of the satellites is limited by the Ural Mountains, it was also snowing during testing, so I turned on all the constellations for a stable RTK fix.

1 Like

Very good work, and now we have a manual for setting up skytraq base and rover. But I have a question. Is the interval in seconds or Hz? Rover output is preferred to be 10 Hz for AOG.

1 Like

Interval in Hz, as in the image.
High frequency “Position Update Rate” requires more constellations to fix RTK.
A setting of 1 Hz is suitable for static measurements or very slow driving with fewer constellations.

1 Like

I don’t see the hz mentioned after gga interval, which is set to 1

1 Like

Yes, of course it’s in seconds.

1 Like

Looks like it’s configured similarly to the F9P where the base rate is set to 10 hz and the the interval of 1 means emit GGA every time (10 hz), whereas if you set it to some other number like 5, it would mean emit GGA ever 5 ticks or 2 hz.

1 Like

Let us hope so🙂
But if AOG don’t want to steer properly, this paper could have a explanation:
On page 15 it say seconds.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.macrogroup.ru/docs/801&ved=2ahUKEwi39o3F7vD1AhUvSfEDHSYQC6kQFnoECAMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0JPa-APGgCBvUs0ywgZ08j

1 Like

I think what it means is the message rate is equal to the position update rate (10 Hz) times the interval (1 second). This means 10 times a second. I’m basing this on the fact it is 0-255. And if you set the interval to 2 seconds, that would be the equivalent of 5 Hz. The reason for this is because sometimes you might want different messages to be at completely different rates, although they all have to be based on that 10 Hz base rate that was set. But I agree it could be clearer. And I could still be wrong. I haven’t actually measured the output frequency yet.

1 Like

Thank you so much guys.
I will post it to Navspark forum.

I’m relatively new to all this. I understand what an NTRIP server and client are and what they do to some extent. I have several UBLOX M8M’s and an ArduSimple Pro calibrated survey kit (on the way). I have some experience working with ESP32 modules. I am trying to understand, can this project be used without an internet connection? Can the central server in this configuration be used on an offline LAN? I do quite a bit of surveying in areas that have no cellular reception and am therefore unable to connect to NTRIP servers. I also live in area where there are virtually no free NTRIP servers to connect to, especially within the 35km radius required for mm level RTK surveying. I am hoping that I can use this project to establish my own base stations for correction. I would like to utilize ethernet out so that I can connect multiple UBLOX M8M’s via 915mhz senders to router connected via 915mhz receiver. In other words, each M8M spits out NMEA via 915mhz to central server that I can use for NTRIP corrections. Does that make sense?

I have 5 - 915mhz sender/receivers (on the way) that are used for security cameras. They transmit the feed via 915mhz to a receiver that is connected to a router. I’m thinking that this should be achievable utilizing the setup above, but as I said, I’m a bit of a NOOB. I would like to use the M8M’s to set up the base stations and use the ArduSimple kit for surveying. I understand that, with the correct antenna, an M8M can provide mm level accuracy, providing that NTRIP corrections are possible. I’m thinking of using the AN-1204B antenna for the M8M’s.

Do you really have to buy a license for each ESP32 device that you want to flash with the firmware? Takes a little of the affordability away when the costs start at $50 per board before you even buy a board or antenna. Take a $10 ESP32, add a $10 UBLOX M8M, add the antenna and case $80, add the firmware $50, add the LoRa sender $30, and you have a starting cost of $180 per unit. Yes, this seems affordable beside a $3000 Topcon unit, but it’s not really in the low-cost category for most individuals. The overall network setup for what I’m describing would be 4 x $180, plus the ArduSimple package $800 and a router $120 and you are looking at around $720 + $800 + $120 = $1640 to set up 4 M8M’s in an NTRIP network to use the ArduSimple Survey set for mm level accuracy in an offline situation.

1 Like

I appreciate you as a newbie but the presentation is pretty detailed, I think it’s a good way for me to understand what you’re trying to do.

You can use 1 ESP32 and 1 Ethernet W5500 and connect to a Router.

You can use 915mhz wireless module to transmit signal instead of RJ45 cable, but test with RJ45 cable first, if it works then you can test with 915mhz module. (As long as the module has the speed and stability for your setup).

You can set up an NTRIP Caster Server with ESP32 on a local LAN (or access it anywhere by opening the port for your Router with DDNS).

Currently we only provide ESP32 firmware to users, (works with both Ardusimple and Drotek to build hardware).
Users need to prepare their own hardware.

You only need 1 ESP32 to create NTRIP CASTER server.
Why do you need 4 ESP32 and 2 M8M?

Provide an RTCM message over the UART so that it sends data to the NTRIP Client.
You can chat with us via this Email if the response on AGOPNGPS is slow:

Or make friends and chat via messenger, we are almost online 24/7 :

how to disable the messages $PSTI,033,111045.700, in PX1122R?

On GNSSViewer app → Venus8 → Configure PSTI Interval :

• Set cycle to 0 to disable , >=1 to enable as second cycle.

• Save to Flash

It the same when you use ESPrtk to configure it :

GNSS PX1122R (ESP32) what wireless connection options does it?

The board from Navspark now support Bluetooth only.

Today we want to share James Duggan’s RTK Base project to update for this post ! :artificial_satellite::rocket::tractor::satellite:

There is a new project NTRIP Server CORS Base for AGOPENGPS by James Duggan.(@Jdug )

See video below :

2 Likes

I cannot connect my ESPRTK card with my router. Neither with WIFI or via RJ45 cable. Where do I configure ESPRTK to receive the IP by DHCP? @esprtk