Dual Heading as IMU

The only challenge with dual antenna is steep slopes where the heading the tractor is pointing doesn’t match the direction it is travelling. Other then that, you do not need an imu.

i think for most people just setting the sidehill compensation for slopes gets pretty close. it is very difficult to keep a tractor where it should on a slope where soli conditions change, draft, steering traction - so many things.

But in General, What will Happen when i have a dual GPS setup, and click Fix Antenna heading type and select “Dual as Imu” an CMPS14 or any other Imu would be ignored or? Further, when using Dual as Imu does the Integral needs to be 0? Because it would aim for the same Problem or?

It would replace the normal IMU so that wouldn’t be used.

The integral is based on distance and from the line, so that is not affected.

I would think the better option maybe is to use the sidehill compensation and have it oversteer on a steeper slope. So maybe try both

This would be a great oppourtunity to try and use a seperate antenna and receiver mounted to the implement. This would be a way to tell the tractor how much side draft the implement is causing. Im just not smart enough to figure it out.