Ethernet / UDP Problems

Hello, for what purpose do you want to connect gps to ESP ?
(For section, it’s the same, the ESP receive the UDP frame and control section relays locally in the sprayer. The esp program is not the best, Lua interpreted by NodeMcu but it works :grinning:
so I keep it as is for instance)
francois

There are ready and working codes for ESP32 for this needs:

section control via WIFI UDP: Github MTZ8302
GPS to WiFi UDP: GitHub coffeetrac NTRIP-client or MTZ8302 Dual GPS code should also work with single GPS
Autosteer board: coffeetrac or MTZ8302

I also tried ESP8266, but ESP32 has much more possibilitys for almost same costs. The boards in Arduino UNO shape work pretty good

In fact, my idea is to keep everything in one box and have communication with one UTP cable.
AutoSteer + Dual GPS

Actually I had no intention of using WIFI ESP32.

I Earlier mentioned this module somewhere
USR-TCP232-E2
module has two serial ports that converts to the UDP, is very easy to use and has a Built-in webpage for setup.

I actually like the idea that the AutoSteer has another serial port that will communicate…

with ESP32 or in my case with USR-TCP232-E2

I have one MikroTik in a tractor cabin that is powered by a POE injector from the AutoSteer box.
I connect my Computer, AutoSteer and GPS with UTP cable. (My wish is to reduce for one utp cable)

I can plug in a MikroTik usb 3g modem or use MikroTik WIFI to connect to my HOTSPOT phone.

For dual GPS I currently wait for the first experiences from MTZ-Code, but the same philosophie I’m running with my PCB and the cleanup of the esp-aog.
Anf if you use wired ethernet or wifi, makes no real difference.

Guru, please, advise: if I use for example this module Upgrade USR TCP232 E2 Pin Soort Seriële Uart Ttl Naar Lan Module Ethernet Netwerk Converter Module Dual Seriële Poorten Q00226|module communication|module cmodule peltier - AliExpress (2 UARTs to Ethernet)
How do you think, is it possible to send GPS data and Steering data by this one Ethernet interface?

Currently it is not possible to send data from autosteer to an ethernet port except with ENC28J60 shield for nano, but from a GPS receiver it could

In AutoSteer ino …
if you use ethernet you send an array of data (bytes)
using usb you only send data, data, data, …
and so AOG expects. If AOG could get data to a UDP port the same as a serial port, it could work. I don’t understand the best in coding, probably someone else could explain better…

Hello together,

Which ethernet Adapter is working for arduino to ethernet and Esp32 to ethernet.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.usriot.com/download/ES1/USR-ES1-EN-V1.0.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiMnJrDobDpAhVNyoUKHZMDDBoQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw18bpSbUSmA_MeQwAqc4-TS
Is this Produkt okay? Or which one do you use?

Best Regards
Peter

I have the Arduino Ethernet shield (Uno Format) on my desk, so hopefully it will be stack able to the dual GPS ESP32 + 2x Ardusimple stack. It uses a W5500 and supports PoE. But still not integrated in the code. But there are many W5500 boards, and they should be working with the ethernet libary.

Hello!
Does UDP work in simulator mode?
I’m trying to connect but I can’t!
Is it enough to turn on the UDP menu and enter the correct ip address? Maybe I won’t turn it on elsewhere? I tried ruteren wifin and dirty on my pc udp port!
thanks!

just make sure you are in the same subnet 192.168.1.xxx with everything. You can leave it as 255 since that is a broadcast to all addresses in the subnet.

Ye it does work in the sim, most of the videos are done with the sim

Can the arduino ip address be accessed through the browser like a router? Do I have to do anything other than turn on udp? Need to connect to the serial port? Do I need to enable dhcp in tplink?

Hello,

On my Autosteer, I have a ESP8266 connected to the Uno for UDP communication.
With AOG V3, it works fine in both direction for Data and Setting.
I’ve modified the code for V4, I’m able to establish the communication between
AOG and Uno, AogSetting and Autosteer setting are correctly programmed, the checksum
returned by the Uno (PGN 127 230) is correctly checked and validated by AOG.
Data from AOG are correctly transmitted to Uno.
But the Data from Autosteer (Uno) to AOG are a problem and I’m unable to get any data
in AOG ?
I ‘ve optimized the response time and it works for AogSetting and AutosteerSetting
My question is :
in AOG V4 what are the conditions on the Data response message (PGN 127 253) to get the Autosteer values in “Module Info” and not to have the message :
" ** Steer Module Not Connected " in the Port serial Menu ?
(I’ve the green point fixed at the bottom right of AOG but don’know what it means)
It’ would be very helpful for me because I’m actually stuck with V3

Otherways, yesterday I’ve tested with a 1.30 m crusher and I don’t understand why the guidance line
at the top of AOG could indicate that I’m 2.50 m far from the line ?

Best reards
francois

UDP data is not displayed in Serial port menu, so it might get in and you can’t see it. Do you get steer angle? If yes everything is ok. As you get the 230 checksum back, the rest should also be ok

Hi! Would you help me with what the problem might be? Do you think these settings are correct?
Feltöltés: IMG_20200615_070719.jpg… Feltöltés: IMG_20200615_070729.jpg… IMG_20200615_070916

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1HXDU6Iy8j0EARzxcEllkcPteTG8kl6Zq

Hello Mathias,

Thank you for your help.
For me, the Datas are not going from AutoSteer to AOG (steering angle, IMU, roll, etc not correct)
In the module info, I’ve not correct values and in Serial Port screen, I’ve always the message “Steer Module Non Connected.”
But when AOG send SteerSettings or AOGSettings, the return PGN (230) with it’s Crc is correctly controled in AOG
Best regards,
francois

Hello Matthias, do you have some new expierence with the Dual Gps & Ethernet with the Arduino Mega?
Regards, Peter

Hi Peter,

The hardware I tested made trouble with the esp. I orderd new one, hope to get it next week.

greetings Matthias

Hello this helps me a lot. But what is with the section control ip Adress. I AOG there is no gap to film the Adress in.
Regards Peter