Export RTK-corrected GPS data to RS232 serial port

I know you asked PotatoFarmer, I hope he doesn’t mind that I answer, and maybe he’s got more to add?

You can connect your external radio here. Gnd and Sig (your radio’s tx) need to be connected at a minimum. You can also grab 5v or 3.3v power there.

I will play around with the m2 radio using those points on the board. So you think after the physical hook up of the radio, the rtk signal will be served right up to the f9p without doing anything else? Thx.

The RTK destination is to the Teensy by default, the Teensy then routes the data to the F9P. You can use it like that.

If you want to pipe the RTK corrections directly to the F9P you can do that too. See the 3 square pads under RTK Dest? There is a small trace connecting the middle pad to the Teensy (default) pad. Cut that small trace, then use solder to connect to middle pad to the F9P pad.

Those headers and pads are there for the purpose of using an external radio.

Good to know those two options are available. I would surmise if the rtk signal goes to teensy, the normal indicator of achieving rtk correction (one of the three led lights I think) will be expected. If rtk signal is wired directly to the f9p, the led will not light up green but the f9p will nonetheless output corrected gps signal. Thx

I will correct you on that signal.
You get a radio signal from base, and f9p use that signal to calculate RTK, so the led do not care what radio signal or any other signal/message from base station. The led follow the output from F9P single float or rtk.
And if AOG/tablet is connected AOG will show the same, single float or rtk.

By default the RTK correction goes to the Teensy which then passes it along to the F9P. The F9P is always what does the corrections either way. Only the F9P is able to do the corrections.

All the LEDs will function exactly the same using either method.

Hi All!

Following up on using an emlid lora radio as source of rtk correction data, as per potatofarmer using a rover with M2 attached to a lora radio and communicating with a base (M2 and lora radio) works. Will the alternative at the rover side work as well with only the lora radio with relevant pinout of ground, 5v and Tx (signal) soldered to the micro4.1 AIO board? Thx.

If I have an RTK NTRIP fix in agopengps how do I send an RTK fixed NMEA string of GGA and GSV from my F9P over UART1 to a MAX3232 to my pro700 monitor? I can get DGPS 12 so far on my pro700 but how do I know or get RTK since I want it for section control. I have also tried the GPS-out app but it doesn’t send the strings I need nor let me select the talker type of GPS only since the pro 700 will only work like that.

The ntrip packet is unpacked by AgIO and the rtcm data is sent to the f9p so it has rtk fix, the nmea sentences coming from the f9p are rtk quality.

I believe the gps_out app outputs “P” (GPS) talker
-4958671079493185013_121
Are you sure you need gsv? Try the latest gps _out from the sk21 GitHub repo.

If you’re using single f9p it’s probably best to use uart2 output to customize the output sentences, baud & update rate. With dual, I think you’re best option is it keep trying gps _out or setup a 3rd f9p.