Farm wide wireless private network ideas

They’ve stopped supporting the Unifi Video and moved to their new Unifi Protect which you can still host locally on a Cloud Key Gen 2 Plus, UDM-PRO, or a UNVR. But there is some discontentment regarding that decision.
https://linustechtips.com/topic/1219034-ubiquiti-announces-unifi-video-end-of-life/

I’ll avoid 900mhz, and use UBNT products only, as they have the best and most reliable, the durability its also amazing, believe me i tried a lot of brands and products, i only use google WiFi mesh for the short range stuff (house and farm installations) and UBNT stuf to bring the broadband and distribute médium/long range

@m_elias I would not use UBNT ac as it is very delicate if there are trees present, must be pointed quite precisely towards each other for it to work well, would probably choose the old 2.4 or 5.8 depending on how much noise there is in area, whether there is much else 2.4 or 5.8.
I have helped to make a link of 15 km with ubnt rocket m5 on 80 cm dish, but I have a little doubt if you can get out on 3 km round beam antenna, or you have to sacrifice 3 120 degree sector with rocket m 2 or 5 .
Hope you get a little out of my google translated Danish or ask again.

As I see it, there are at least 3 options as AP

1. amo-2g13 + Rocket m2
  2. 3-4 * Nanostation m2 / loco m2
  3. 3 * Sector AM-2G15-120 + Rocket m2, probably not necessary
  4. possibly a mix of points 2 and 3 if you have 3-4 km in one direction and maybe only 500 meters in another.
    On tractor amo-2g10 + Rocket m2.
    I know nothing about 900mhz as it is banned in Denmark.
    On 2.4 Ghz equipment I will run channel 13 and a Channel Width of 5 Ghz.

In Europ we have 868MHz band . Should be allowed in Denmark as well
see EU863-870

@flipper80 Knowing only that UBNT locoM9 is banned, believes 900 Mhz is used for the old NMT network (old mobile phones), also thinks 868 may be used in DK as it is used for remote control.

I vote ubiquity as well if you need to move lots of data at high speed.

Lora is great for lower bandwidth, like rtcm3 over broader area.

We have Uniquiti links. Absolutely no problems so far.
What about the Mikrotik stuff? You can make a mesh with them and have centralised provisioning