GGA VTG HDT ?Dual Antenna messages

Can someone confirm the messages that AOG requires for dual antenna rtk gsp to be able to use position and heading
GGA
VTG
HDT
RMC
which are required and are there more?

Once this is working I believe it is better to remover the Brick? as the dual antenna heading will be cleaner

If you use the dual antenna perpendicular to the axis of the tractor then is it better to get rid of the Dogs2? as it will sense roll

In this case does the code make a position adjustment to get the position of the tractor to be in the middle of the 2 antenna and does it make a shift to the heading by 90 degrees from the axis between the 2 antenna

What kind of GNSS receivers do you have?

HDT and AVR come from Trimble receivers
PAOGI sentences (propriety ag open gps gps imu sentence) is created by MTZ’s dual antenna ESP code

We use Ardusimple boards

Go to Matthias Hammer’s github and start from there:

Thanks Richard…I have now found that site and trying to absorb the ideas
Do you know of a clearer connection diagram for the 3 boards as the pictures are not so clear and the text in the code is still confusing me.

Best to do (at least that’s what I did)
Order this on Autosteer.cc

https://www.autosteer.cc/produkt/dual-heading-platine-esp32/

1 Like

Great suggestion I will definately buy one

Hallo, kann mir jemand beim Aufbau der Dualantenne von Matthias Hammer helfen. Ich verzweifle. Habe die Ardusimple Fp9 2x und beide sind immer wieder mal nicht über usb ansprechbar. Zudem kommt hinzu dass ich erst sehr spät gemerkt habe, dass die TX2 und RX2 lables auf der Leiterplatte vertauscht sind. Als ich die Baud-Rate von Uart2 auf beiden Boards auf 115200 reduziert habe hatte ich mal ganz kurz eine mögliche Berechnung des Abstands zwischen den Antennen. Jedoch habe ich mit parallelen U-Center gesehen, dass nur die Rechte Antenne RTK-Fix bekam. Ist das normal? Danach konnte ich bis jetzt keinen Zugriff mehr über u-Center hinbekommen. Werde versuchen die teuren Ardusimple zurückzuschicken.
WĂĽrde gerne wissen ob ihr das auch kennt?

Bitte um Hilfe.
Gruss Micha

Maybe stupid question but did you already try an other usb cable?

Yes, Others Notebook, Others Version of u-center, Power supply checked. I cant Inderstand…

Can you even connect good to a single board without it’s stack? So just single with antenne connected and nothing else?

Yes Always the Same. They sent on uart1 with 38400 nmea but no config is possible, so sh…

I had trouble to config the moduls as long as they have been stacked. 3rd USB cabel (short and thick) helped. To config each Modul completly disconnected helped in the end. Now, with the config from GitHub - mtz8302/AOG_GPS_ESP32: DUAL or SINGLE GPS bridge between AgOpenGPS an GPS receiver. Works with 2 UBlox to calculate heading+roll. Corrects and filters. ESP32 + Arduino MEGA it is working very nice. Don´t forget to save the config to the flash after uploading.

Can you reset it? In Configuration view?

Ich habe es versucht aber leider nicht möglich. Eines der beiden Boards sendet immer direkt nach dem anschliesen am USB Anschluss zwei bis drei Messages und dann ist alles still. Können sie mir die Frage beantworten ob grundsätzlich Dual gps erfolgversprechend ist. Wir haben sehr viele Hügel. Ohne Neigungskorrektur ist ein lenken nicht möglich. Die imu MMA und bmo055 habe ich getestet. Viel schlimmer als ohne. Ich würde echt gerne wissen wie gut Dual funktioniert.

Danke im vorraus

Fahre seit ca 3wochen mit dem Aufbau auf der Straße und relativ gut befahrbarem Gelände und bin sehr glücklich damit, absolut stabil. Die ersten Tests beim Ackern und Abbauen werden folgen in den nächsten 2wochen.

Klingt gut. Bitte um Feedback nach Test…

Just used the system for some hours with field-cultivator and seeding and it worked reasonable stable, but i had to drive manualy witch the AOG lightbar, becaus my steppermotor experiment was not fully ready for the task.

So i can not confirm the autosteering usability, but for manual driving with some interpolation/interpretation of the “numbers”, it was a very helping tool during nighttime. The distance error jumped sometimes between ± 3 to 5cm, but this indication may be self induced by manual driving.

Sometimes i had indication of 25cm off center, but i think this was correct :wink:

Further tests will follow…

1 Like