Hello from u-blox

If its IP I think the second F9P works best already, though that is a great service and will help indeed.

More interested in the L-band delivered correction, for NEO. If only F9 could also get this service, It would rank with the offerings major Ag brands.

What does this L band service cost on the NEO?

1 Like

Nice to meet you, Iā€™m a Japanese user.
I am satisfied with the performance of F9P, but it is a pity that QZSS cannot be used with the RTCM output of the reference station (RTCM 1117 MSM7).
I donā€™t know why it canā€™t be used, but please consider it.

2 Likes

So after doing some reading the Neo D9s is an add on chip just for the premium L5 correction for the f9p.

So if it can get 5cm, please direct me to a breakout board that I can use or buy now.

Let us know all costs involved

Unlimited L band access is $30 per device per month

The C101-D9S is our eval board for the NEO-D9S which can be purchased from our distributors:
DigiKey, Mouser, RFPD, Future Electronics, Alpha Micro
I recommend contacting your preferred distributor to inquire on price and availability.

We also have several partners working on standalone D9S boards similar to what is available from 3rd parties with the F9P today. These will likely be available around October.

1 Like

Very cool, premium L band correction in adverse terrain is a great option.

Do you happen to know the convergence time using this system?

What is the time drift / positional repeatability using these corrections. Seasonal, same year, year to year?

What datum system and epoch are used as the reference frame for this system, If one was to use this system as a fall back or sync base for jumpless transfer?

Hi Sir - Have one system running with a C099-F9P board. Was using it to spray burn-down this weekend. I have been casually working with the C102-F9R board. (you mentioned several improvements recently, what firmware version has these updates?)

Iā€™m interested in the potential. Have been able to get data and look at how itā€™s working through U-Center. Iā€™m working to try and take the UBX-PVAT sentence and convert it to an AgOpen PANDA or PAOGI sentence. For me, it would be very helpful if Ublox had an NMEA sentence that gave heading, roll and pitch that we could feed directly into AgOpen. HDT is standard for heading, I havenā€™t found a standard sentence for roll & pitch. PASHR is the closest Iā€™ve foundā€¦if going there, just go to PANDA.

I am using the recent firmware. I will have to check on the other continent corrections. I was able to do more testing Saturday. It worked much better than the last time I tried. I seemed to have an offset. If I reset the ab line after turning and getting lined up, it held position well to other end of field. There were trees at end of field. I would like to do more testing away from trees. We use WAAS corrections for most of our operations. The 1m drift hadnā€™t been a big issue.

The first link wouldnā€™t work for me.

Thanks

Hi Nabeel

I have heard, that the 1.30 firmware has worse performance than the 1.13 firmware version

@PotatoFarmer I believe it is currently around 30 seconds, and will improve to under 15 seconds with a firmware update later this year. Reference frame is ITRF2014 current epoch. Accuracy over time will be within our CEP95 spec of 3-6cm.

@87yj HPS1.21 has these optimizations under the robotic lawn mower model

@Peter_S Any details you can share would be appreciated so we can review. I heard that some are having an issue with lower update rates. With 4 constellations in RTK mode, the rate decreased from 8Hz to 7Hz with 1.30 FW, but GPS+GLO+GAL should remain at 10Hz.

1 Like

I use 1.30 FW, GPS+GAL+GLO at 10Hz works fine, only GGA, now AOG donā€™t need more, 115200 bauds.

Has there been any news?

Also love to know this would simplify things alot !!! 1 unit that does it all

has anyone tried point perfect / thingstream for RTK corrections yet? sounds like a good option to me if thereā€™s no RTK2go/Centipede base station around

I was wondering if anyone has tried point perfect.

@ublox2

Sorry to bump this old conversation. Iā€™ve got some new experience from this yearā€™s season. Iā€™ve got two C102-F9R boxes both with firmware 1.30. I had the issue twice this year when the units bricked on me while in the field. I was able to revive them by reflashing them but it is a bit bothersome to have the unit stop working while in th field. I donā€™t think it was a vibration issue as one of the times it bricked while was traveling on a road @ ~20 mph.

I like the potential capabilities and am still playing. Based on my observations there is a lot of potential. Iā€™ll reiterate/reinforce some other comments on this thread.

• It would be helpful to be able to read the IMU data independent of the GNSS data. This could be done via PANDA protocols or perhaps add a native UBX communication interface directly in AOG.
  • It would be helpful to have a pre-defined profile for this application. Configuration offers lots of options and the documentation isnā€™t always clear as to what the ā€˜rightā€™ combinations of configurations work best for precision positioning.
  • RTK is a must. The IMU corrections are very helpful. But this isnā€™t necessarily dead reckoning calculations with the IMU unless the number of visible satellites suddenly drops. It is more for the corrections from where the antenna is located to where the implement hitch is located. AOG can do those corrections if all of the data is available. Iā€™ve not yet been able to get the IMU data off of the C102-F9R into AOG. Any suggestions/help there would be appreciated.
  • The hardware absolutely needs to be very robust and reliable and able to work in very dusty conditions.
  • Having a version in the form factor of the C102 that includes a built in NEO-D9S would be something I would be interested in.
  • Having an interface to CANBUS using J1939 would be helpful.

Overall, it is still the best hardware for me and I will keep evaluating/tweaking.

I am actively discussing PointPerfect with both Ublox and Ardusimple to iron out some confusions and to produce a simple guide for AOG.

Will post this procedure once we have it nailed down.

Did you ever nail down a procedure for use of pointperfect?

1 Like

Here is some good news for you.

That should make life easier until someone adds MQTT one day or L-band

Tested it with just the standard single configuration on the AIO board. Was unable to get RTK fix or anything past GPS single unfortunately. Is there a recommended configuration or some settings that need to be changed in U-Center.

I have this working using the lband PointPerfect subscription. However, the rate of corrections is quite slow. The minimum age starts at 5 seconds then counts up to about 25- 30 seconds in clear blue sky. I expect there is some settings for the F9p that I need to change to get it to receive corrections more frequently. Baud rate on uart2 shouldnā€™t be an issue since itā€™s set to 115200. Next week I will get the F9p and the d9s boards off the AIO board and connect them to ucenter to investigate further. Iā€™ll also post my current settings of the d9s and f9p.