Hydraulic Section Control - Load Sensing Block

Next question: Is your tractor equipped with manual lever or electric lever? With electric lever you can see in instrument panel (when choosing hydraulics) that pressure drops to 0 again after some seconds if lever is left in pressure position. Time can be set by choosing the right combination of programming.
In other words does the tractor have a manual or CAN-electric valve-block behind the cabin?

If my guess is right and 25 bar are enough to move Ram cylinder, then I suggest to leave out LS line (pressure would rise when another valve on tractor is activated for an action that demands more pressure) And use two of the PB lines (P and T only) see following thread.

Power Beyond kit from tractor should be smartest idea, finally it is:

• Tee port for P
  • Tee port for T
  • Tee port for LS (normally including extra shuttle valve)
    Lars you told that LS “could be flushed on tractor side”: it is not most usual way, normally each SCV function should be able to bleed LS in neutral position…
    I am taking opportunity for initial question from @ jpsw5960 to work on designing “home made” Manifold / cartridge style (using Hydraforce Idesign software based on excellent Automation Studio.
    Finally it could be achieved in similar way as we have worked designing PCB…
    (Finding specialized machining workshop same as JLCPCB for hydraulics!)
    I worked again on previous drawing, using side by side SV10-33 and SV38-30.
    incorporfating a primary shuttle valve (in case of not present in tractor Power Beyond)
    One way flow restriction (if needed) (FC10-20)
    Submitted to your validation…

I agree using shuttle valves and connecting to LS is the correct way to do it.
With my words “leave out LS line” I mean: Not connected /closed.
I am not sure, but think you by “flush” mean LS open to tank?
Your drawing looks correct, and the idea of designing a custom block sounds great, but I wonder the price.
The drawback for jpsw5960 with the 2/3 valves in this design, is that when activated there is full pressure on the cylinder, as soon as ram reaches end of stroke.

My next idea is 3/3 valves without LS, to make a workable setup, using cheap standard valves connected to only P and T of Power Beyond.
Leaving out LS would probably not be a problem, because system pressure will be higher as soon as you use the lift or anything else, at the end of the field.
Like Pat suggested, it would be better to add some relays as well.

@Larsvest My tractor is equipped with manual valves, not electric.

What is full pressure from normal valve and what is pressure from load sensing valve? Same? Or more pressure from load sensing? If they are similar I can’t see a problem with full pressure being on rams as they get full pressure from tractor valve anyway.

I would prefer the LS idea and from my basic understanding I like @flipper80 design and if it works ok I wonder how much is cost for complete kit from hydraulic supplier?

I do not like the idea of adding limit switches to the end of rams (in case of failure) but if it is a cheaper option is it possible to only use P and T lines and have a pressure relief valve added to take excess oil back to tank through another return?

Also, can someone explain please why fc10-20 is needed? Thank you :grimacing:

Google Photos
Google Photos
Here is a set of 2 sections according to the diagram above.

There should be no pressure difference between manual and LS and pressure goes to max in both situations, when ram hit the end. (Max probably 180 to 200 Bar)
The FC 10-20 is just if you wanted to be able to reduce the oilflow / speed the ram comes out of cylinder.

You can choose to use the 3 parts I suggested from Olssons but that require some hose-fitting to add to the price.

Or use a subplate with 2 valves on, like Baraki show pictures of (be aware his picture show a 3 position valve)

Ask a nearby supplier of hydraulic systems to build one like Flipper80 or Baraki suggest.
Maybe Baraki can deliver, depending of your country?

The last two sure looks nicer :slight_smile:

Yes, these valves have 3 positions, but it is enough to attach a timer. After the change of state, one or the other coil will switch on for the required time.

2 Likes

In the case of the fc10-20, would it also be advised to get it for the second valve if I’m going to the cost of getting it on the first one (it shouldn’t be too dear anyway?)

Also @flipper80, in the first LS04-B30 is port 1 just going to a blank? What is the need for the first LS04-B30? Forgive my basic understanding, I just want to understand how it works :grin:

No doubt @baraki design is good! based on CETOP3 NG6 valves. it is another “philosophy” on side of “Manifold / cartridges” (and also bankable like existing at by Bucher or Hydac
Baraki is using double acting valve: normally too much for a single effect cylinder but thanks to that, system is locked in neutral position even no energized. Plus uses one way piloted element: blocking cylinder in position: good
@jpsw5960 FC10-20 is here as an exemple for limiting flow (to prevent too rough movement)
2nd one should be added if you think it is necessary (or remove this one if not)
About load sensing system and for people less familiar with, here is a good explanation for

About load sensing system and for people less familiar with, here is a good explanation how it works:

“Manifold / cartridges” design opens more possibilities…
Then comes costs and delivery delays…

2 Likes

Very informative @flipper80!!