Implement Line Following

I think that the distance from line is not included in the autosteer PGN from V5. There is a thread about the guidance bar where this is discussed. I think it should be a byte of data in the machine PGN with distance from line. Value 127 is center and every point off from that corresponds to 2cm in either direction. And yes it would need some regulating in the arduino.

Do you mean that you had no sensor on the drawbar at all? You gave a value to aog of WAS centered all the time? If it works like that it would be great but I thought that it would mess with the steering regulating in aog if WAS is not responding when aog tries to steer.

Yes, a constant centered signal. AoG tries to steer proportionally to the off track error, unless you use the Integral setting, the rate of side shift will stay the same until either the implement gets closer or further away from the line. In my case with a long hitch, there was a little delay until the planter moved over but it still worked quite well.

1 Like

I’ve read you thread, I think I’ll try to build a similar setup. But i still want to have a “WAS” to know when maximum shift in each direction is reached and to be able to autocenter the implement when it’s lifted up. I have ordered a ArduSimple f9p board so that I can start to figure things out in aog. Thank you for your help.

I’m not sure where you’d mount the WAS so that it acts like AoG expects. Maybe if you setup a steering axle on the planter it could work. You want to move to a certain hitch offset to get onto the line and then maintain that hitch offset, not return to center position. I’d try without an actual WAS first.

My camera steered thyregod trv 9 meter, have a paralellogram to make the sideshift. There is a was much like those we use for autosteer, measuring where the paralellogram is. Another sensor feels when mashine is lifted, and tell computer to center, when lifted.
You could make a system with 2.5 v when lowered and shifting to the was when lifted, and maybe some program lines in ino to center when lifted.