Implement on a Fiat F100 success

Hello,

Despide the bad weather which prevents all work in the fields, I made a lot of tests on the road today to find the good settings. First time with the definitive tablet for the projet replacing my labtop that I used before for the development.
I think I am closed to succes:
Video Fiat 115-90
The displayed difference betwwen position and line was 95% of the time under +/-4cm and 5% up to 5 or 6cm

After that, I made some test in a little grass field: all line was spaced of 4m, the tool width I program in AGO.
Now, we are waiting for good wather to go back in field and doing real work !

For thoses test, BNO was activated (very stable for me) and MMA unactiveted.
I notacied that when I activated MMA, the accuracy falls to someting like 95% under 6 or 7 cm and 5% up to 10 cm.

Any idea why and on which parameter I can adjust to improve accuracy with MMA activated ?
As all our fiel hillside, I need to activate it.

My configuration:

• Surface Go with USB hub
  • L1/EGNOS TeeJet Rx370p Antena
  • Delphi ER10031
  • Adafruit BNO055 Adafruit MMA8451 Adafruit ADS1115
  • IBT2 and Phidget motor
  • Homemade PCB cards based on the old wiki schematics, with the following arrangement:
    * Rooting adaped the actuel AGO INO pin assignment
    * Work & steer switchs throught opto, like on PCBv2
  • Homemade 3d printed box

Some pictures of the project:

Thank to @BrianTee_Admin and alls the developer for the software and to the more advanced user their help.
Also special thanl to @Tooki57 for his help :wink:.

Math

4 Likes

HI Math !

Very good job !

Where did you place the antenna? On the roof? Have you tried to place it above the front axle?

Hello Tooki !

Thank !

The antena is placed on the top of the roof. As I got pretty good results like this, I haven’t try with the antenna on the front axle.
Do you think it can improve the accuracy when the MMA is activated ?

Math

I think that the further the antenna is from the pivot point, the bigger the gps error. And therefore AOG will correct it earlier than with the error on the roof, and maybe improve the accuracy a little more.
I don t use mma or bn0, and positioning the antenna on the front of the tractor has improved my system.
Logically, I think that if the antenna is lower, the roll effect is less significant on the GNSS signal (especially for ground vibrations).

Hello,

So finally, after being confined 2 months, I could spend a week in the farm last week.

The occasion to install a new steering controller box with PCBv2 and makes more proper wiring in the tractor.
20200417_185939(1)
20200522_164510 20200522_164514

Also trying the new box in the field. Unfortunately all cultures are established, so the only possible test was to follow the sprayer lines.
Work pretty well à 7-8km/h in PP. A little bit more oscillating arround 10km/h. Don’t know if I should move to standley at 10km/h ? Or perhaps the frenquency of the antena, blocked to 5 Hz, isn’t fast enought for hight speed ?
Vidéo:

Now, working on design and installation of a pinion and ring gear system:
20200522_164445(1)
20200522_164504(1) 20200522_164458(1)

Math

1 Like

Hello,

Rapid video of the work this week-end with the Fiat F100, work pretty well.

Next step, suggar beet seeding in March.

Math

4 Likes

Hello,

Sugar beet seeding, really happy of the result !

AgOpenGPS is really a great software !

Math

8 Likes

Hello,

New: a support for mounting a sensor on the hitch to act as a work switch in AgOpenGPS.

Math

3 Likes

They are really handy switches. I’ve got virtually the same arrangement on my 716 which I use for maize drilling etc.

1 Like

Hello

Usually I prefer contactless sensor like inductive sensor. They are more robust and with higher number of switching cycles. It’s why I use a inductive sensor for steer switch.
But yes for the work switch on the hitch, those mechanical swith are really handy and easier to instal.

Math

1 Like

The issue with inductive / hall sensors is the relatively close tolerances required. Some mechanical linkages are just too sloppy for reliable operation.

1 Like

Hello math,
Yesterday i did some mowing with the f130 and it worked pretty well but not perfect. I took 24 degrees for my max steering angle but i didnt measure it and im starting to think i made a big mistake here, what is the max steering angle of your f100?
Edit:
Sorry for the stupid question, just figured out the max angle is actually 40 degrees.

if you are not sure of your steering angle

you can use V5 to define it !

Unfortunately i cant get v5 working properly on my panasonic fz-g1, gps randomly jumps about 20cm sometimes but v4.3 no problems. Got the correct angle now and works better than i could have imagined.

you have bno or cmps ?

Cmps but im taking heading only from gps 100% and 0% from imu, i only use the cmps as gyro.

When experimenting with settings in v5+ it can be a good idea to set antenna hight to zero, that way temporarily eliminate influence from roll.
Are your cmps fastened so it can’t vibrate?

I fixed the cmps in a aluminum box with hotglue and the box is fixed on the cab floor next to the seat, tractor has no cab suspension and roll seems stable. Read somewhere that v5 gives problem with the fz-g1 so for now im happy with v4.

Hello,

I use 40° too, pick-up from tractor manual.
When I will switch to v5, I will used it to check this value.

Math