Integrated ethernet on pcb

According to the BRD and SCH of the PCB v4.1(see pictures in the pcbv4 thread), then one of the 7805 powers only WAS, the line is named V+WAS

The other 7805 feeds Nano BNO Ads and 5V out, and also 5V on the CAN pinout.
So at least 3 places to pick up 5V out

But now bottleneck ends up at D2 which could be replaced with a 6A diode.
And maybe make a “high power” 5V out close to one of the 7805 or enlarge some og the 5 V lines so they don´t burn

Nice catch, I didn’t put that together. Wish it was 3A.
Might be able to put the other one on that board.
I’m running in to some trouble finding the botblox module in the US. I’d like to get one and try the 3A power supply together

Switch module fits on top of the nano…

1KaupoiEthMOD_20210314

1 Like

You mean it can be mounted on the current pcb as a stack ?

Almost. PCB size is 99.67x108.56mm and some parts are moved.

20210314_135450
Is that the mounting holes for the switch ? If it is, I think this will work great. I can put the regulator on the GPS board. No need for headers either. The switch comes with cables for all ports.
Please send me a link for the Gerber, and I will get it coming right away.
If I make a rough sketch of the gps board, would you draw it up as well. This is great, Kaupoi. Thanks

Would you look at this board and see about adding a header for ethernet connection and 12v in and ground, and a place for the 3A supply. I need a space for RFD900 radio also. I will try to get those dimensions soon.

Rev_C_Task_5_Diagram-1200x785
If someone could advise on the pinout, so we can route the dual GPS board correctly. Miso,mosi,sck,cs, how they relate to rx-,rx+,tx-,tx+

EDIT
Discard, BotBlox said it requires shield just like other switches. Which will be simpler anyway. They supply the cables for each port

Yes, they are mounting holes for switch.
This is just a rough draft. You sure you want to try it already?

Dual GPS PCB v1.2 seems to already have +12Vin, GND and +5Vout pins and ethernet module on it. And LM2576SX-5.0 5V 3A regulator. It’s just quite big, but it could be shrinkable to fit under Autosteer pcb.

With RFD900 are you referring to this? http://files.rfdesign.com.au/Files/documents/RFD900x%20DataSheet.pdf

Maybe you should ask @Benjamin to modify his pcb and to add radio on it?

Can you think of anything that it lacks ? As long as it verified, I’m good with it. Do you want to look at it for a day or two to be sure.
I like Benjamin’s board, it has near everything we need on it, short of the mounting holes for the radio. But, I don’t like the smd components, that I cant add myself. They are good, but if there is a problem. I cant fix it myself.
Yes, that’s the radio I’m using.
I ordered 3 of the BotBlox ethernet switches today. They will be 10-14 days before I get them. They come with some real neat, lightweight connectors for all ports. They supply some that have RJ45 ends on them. I know I wanted to use headers and get rid of all the wires, but these should not be invasive at all.
I saw where someone on dual GPS posted a dual GPS board that is almost ready, but he used a different f9p board, and I already have a pile of rtk2b boards. I think most everyone else does as well, so I want to stay with it.
Interested to hear your thoughts

Did some changes to pcb.

Differenses to KaupoiMOD v4.1 are:
-Mounting holes for SwitchBlox ethernet switch module
-Dedicated +12v out and ground pins for SwitchBlox
-Bigger size: 99,06mm x 106,68mm

KaupoiEthMOD_20210316

EDIT:
Gerber files can be found from here: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

This is great, I will get them coming. Could have them here by the time the ethernet switches get here.
Haven’t heard from Benjamin to know whether he will add the holes, etc. To his board. I’ll let you know though.
Thanks for getting to it so quick.

What are the plans for the 19V regulator?

I forgot, let me get to looking for something
Thanks for reminding me

How many amps is your wall charger ? Mine is 2.65A
I haven’t found anything small yet.
s-l400
I found this one on Ebay, but it’s only 2A

Output 19V 1,58A (Input 100-240V 1,8A 50Hz) What tablet do you use?

Hi Jhmach ;this may fit, step up

XL6019 5A Max Current DC to DC Adjustable Boost Power Supply Board Module

Motion computing R12

Continuous is 30w, or 2.5A
Its 50mm long x 28mm wide
Might work, I’ll see if Kaupoi will be willing to add length to his board
Thanks

1 Like

Datasheet of the module would help a lot. Need at least accurate measurements of the mounting holes.

XL6019 5A Max Current DC to DC Adjustable Boost Power Supply Board Module

I may have to get some ordered and measure the holes, I haven’t found any dims other than the 50x28x13 for the board perimeter.
Edit
Got some ordered, probably 3 days till I have them

Edit
I’m not able to open Benjamins pcb in the program I have. I did look at it in EasyEDA, and it looks like both yours and his are the same width. If we add length to yours, to match his hole pattern, we would have room to add 19v power supply.
I know adding size is not the direction you want to go, but, I believe overall, we will be more compact, by deleting so many wires. Right now I have autosteer pcb, plus dual stack, plus 5v regulator, plus RTK radio, plus 5 port switch, plus 19v converter, all with wires connecting everything. And a piece of cardboard to keep ethernet switch off of my pcb.

Add
Something Like this.
Screenshot (28)
I will send dimensions as soon as I get the 19v converter.
Would you look at Benjamins post (Dual GPS PCB v1.2) an let me know if you can swap to the USR ES1. I tried but cant seem to. If not let me know and I’ll order the one called out.
I think with these changes, we will be ready to try it. I am trying to learn a little about PCB designing also. After we see how we like it, we may want to add headers and clean it up a bit more.

1 Like