My First PCB

Did you solder that small wire in the on off holes?
If not, then put your fingers on it to make solid connection.

No, I didn’t solder it and yes, you were completely correct.

I do believe it’s working now!

Just one last question if anyone has time…? The Cytron driver, should this be connected to the same 12v battery in / GND?

If you use the relay then gnd and 12V out. That way you have 12 v on cytron (and rest of PCB) only when relay is on.

1 Like

And with that last piece of advice, my board is built and working.

Great stuff, I’m dead happy. Thanks a million guys.

2 Likes

Well spotted, but does it matter? I’ve left it connected as I assume it does nothing, does it need cutting?

I think you can leave it. Even use it as suggested in post 9 or 10 here : Motor wiring to prevent back feed Cytron - #10 by Bennet

2 Likes

Hmm, I’m not getting any power to the autosteer motor. It’s a Cytron, works via the manual buttons, but not from AOG.

Does this wire need cutting?

Loopback isn’t really an issue.

Do you use the “drive” function in steer setup? (drive bar must be green)
Else tractor must move over ground.

Yes, that’s what I am trying to test with. No movement from the Cytron.

You have loaded the correct ino to the nano?

You have set all the settings in aog and loaded to nano?

Does your steerwheel icon (bottom right) have green color?

Have you set steer switch to manual? (M just below steerwheel icon)

I don´t have V5 on my tractor yet, but in V4 both steerwheel icon and dot left of it must be green to let commands pass through to cytron/IBT_2.
According to page 40 in the V5 manual (click Help in AOG) that dot can have 4 different colors.

Have you read the manual?

Gah, stuck again!!

Not sure what I’ve done wrong here, but I am suspicious of the contact from the PCB to the MD13S driver. Just because I couldn’t think of anything else to try, I’ve cut the red NC / PWM wire, but (as expected) that has made no difference.

Can anyone tell if I’ve made any mistake with the wiring between the PCB and the Cytron driver? One thing I have noticed is that the green power LED on the Cytron board appears dim (but it’s drawing its power direct from a 12v leisure battery). I will get the multimeter out and run some tests, but am I missing something obvious here? That’s usually the case!

Edit: meant to add image

Sorry Lars, just saw your post. I’ll get back to you one 5 mins.

Thanks for this…

With regard to the nano version, isn’t this the same as the Uno? I am trying to move from an Uno, breadboard, DuPont wire lab setup to a soldered PCB with a nano mounted, PCB v2.

Is there a difference in the sketches between the Uno and the nano, do pins need remapping?

As I stands now, I am connecting the PCB to the Auto Steer Port (under Serial Ports) and it reads the correct values from the WAS so I know the nano is reading from the ADS1115 fine, that the 5v circuit is working.

If I go into Autosteer / Drive, hit the Drive button (so it’s green) and move the slider, nothing happens on the motor driver.

And you have this set to manual ?
(after I hit the accept button here, the R at bottom right will change to M)

It wasn’t, but I have changed it and this made no difference.

One thing I need to check. I have a number of iterations of AOG on this laptop and I’m currently trying to run Micropengps. I’m just going to clear out the AppData and try again. You’ve got me thinking software, I was expecting this to be a physical issue.

Nah, no change.

AOG is reading the WAS, sees the MMA8452, but isn’t driving the motor driver. The driver is powered up and reading over 12.4v in, it’s just not being controlled by AOG.

As I don´t have any pcb/steer module connected there will not be any PWM output so it say 0 PWM in the steer window.
You must have numbers in PWM , Steer angle and Diameter

Just noticed that you write that AOG see MMA8452, but V 5 can´t read MMA, so what AOG version are we talking?

IIRC, Micropengps is v4.

This is what I have…

post a picture where we see both green dots at bottom right (blurred green and the green steer wheel)

Have to do something, will be back in an hour.

1 Like