My First PCB

Sorry, I’m not sure what you mean.

I was quickly going to do this now…

This one…?

No. the full aog screen.
I have only V5 on this PC so what you look for is where the purple and green icons are in this picture bottom right.
Yours must be both green, else motor driver will not get any info.
EDIT: regarding earlier post it is correct that you have it set for manual as you show there.

1 Like

How does this look?

Can’t help you as the version you have does not look like the v4 I have.
I would use v5 instead.
It looks like v4.3.10 is still on github. More people can help with that one.

1 Like

I might upgrade in a min.

One thing that I just noticed is that the on board LED for the PCB isn’t working. Any idea what this indicates?

You must check your 5v. Unplug usb and measure the 5v outputs.
Your led might be wrong way round. Which doesn’t ruin it, just don’t light up.

This one?

I’m seeing no voltage from that at all.

Edit, I am getting a steady 5v from the DIR1 pin between the driver and PCB though…

Strange. I am sure that dir should be 0 v when autosteer is off.
Do you have 5 V on the pin by the WAS connector.
The two black voltage regulators gives 5v for different places. See lines on back side of PCB.

Version 5 worked out of the box.

Sorry for wasting your time and thanks for the pointers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aaaaand, it’s stopped working again!

I write this with a heavy heart after spending the past 7 hours trying to diagnose this and I cannot work out what I’m doing wrong again.

I replaced my laptop for a better one and installed the latest version of AOG and I cannot get any motion out of my autosteer motor.

PCBv2
The laptop can see this as a com port and connects fine in AOG as an autosteer port, polls the WAS.
12v is connected to the MD13S and the motor works from the manual buttons.

In the SM, I can see CMPS not Connected or Found and BNO08x errors. Im not using a BNO08x, is this now the standard? This shouldn’t cause the motor to stop anyway.

I just cannot get it to move from the manual steer function in AOG, nor in the simulator.

Tried deleting the AOG entry in AppData/Local and using an earlier version (v4, but I’m getting exactly the same problem.

There is power to the driver, then power to the motor as proven with the manual button test. The nano on the PCB is polling from the WAS and I can see this in SM.

Guys, I’ve forgotten to press a button, haven’t I?

Any pointers?

1 Like

3 pointers.
Did you load the new ino to your nano.(for same AOG version)
Check all the settings (you don’t need the new Ino, but the old type will not work any more)
Click help, and read the support file/manual , which also can be found in the support library.
Edit : are you are using AOG 5.1.7? Maybe wait for 5.2 that could be out next week :slightly_smiling_face:

I was previously working with the old ino, PCBv2.

Last time this happened I was running v4 which stopped working, then I just ran v5 without changing the Arduino sketch and it all came alive.

This time I have tried v4 and the latest release of 5.17 and…. nothing. Is there an issue with 5.17?

5.17 should work. But you MUST use the correct ino. Else AOG can’t change the settings in it.

Right, let me double check.

I’ll need to clean out the AppData entries too, right?

Not sure it is necessary, but then you know AOG starts from scratch.

Ok had some fun with this as well, had everything working flawless on the programming laptop. Then moved to the tablet and issues.

In my case the new tablet was missing the ch340 driver for the Ali nanos I was using. It was showing com noise on agIO but did not really talk.

I have also found that after first setup of agIO its gets the “info” but its not stable. After restarting AOG and agIO everything was perfect after that.

I also make sure to power the auto steer before the tablet, and plug in the gps, before opening AOG. So the comms ports do not hop.

You are almost at the next hurdles, steering motor and WAS install.

Does v5 require a BNO085?

I have no idea what I’ve done wrong here, I’m utterly stumped again. The nano is flashing away merrily, looks like it’s doing it’s thing. The WAS is readable from the SM, everything powers up, the Cytron driver drives the motor from the manual buttons, but AOG just doesn’t work with it.

It’s like I’m cursed!

Edit: got v5 working :slight_smile:

Problem now is that there is no strength in the drive motor, it’s trying to move, but not getting enough juice.

Where can I increase the gain?

Did you go to to the Arduino setup page and press send to device? Variables may have changed.

Are you working from a previous save file from 4? I recall Brian saying start from scratch, but wait for confirmation of that.

I believe field data from v4 is compatible with v5 but not vehicle & implement config.

1 Like