Parts list for order

Where are you located? I have 6x V2 pcbs and a spare completed setup in SK. Probably 20 sectional boards as well, I haven’t opened that package

Evening chaps.

Can anyone recommend the best place to buy a prebuilt PCB? I’ve got the circuit all working and mounted on a larger vehicle (tried to upload a video of it, but I don’t think you can upload vids here?) and would like to purchase something a bit more robust.

I’ve seen Andrea mentioned, is he the man for this?

1 Like

Yes Andreas is the guy. Here’s his site https://www.autosteer.cc/

1 Like

Thanks Wilbert.

Unfortunately my German isn’t up to much these days so I can’t risk ordering directly. I’ll drop him an email though.

did the email work or is their another site in English?

Unfortunately not. I tried communicating, but that proved impossible so I gave up.

At the download support files are two part lists that are different.
Inside one are 3 relais but only one is needed on the PCB.
Is it correct or have i saw it wrong?

The part list recommends a 22AWG cable.
Is it not a bit small for 10A of the electrical motor?
Would you recommend to use a shielded cabel between motor controller and motor?

Bad experience with Digikey from Europe.

I ordered through Digikey parts for PCB v2. It turned out that I had to go 60 km to the customs, lose half a day in line at the customs office and pay 30 euros in customs fees to UPS. I refused the order and Digikey replied on the phone that they would probably not refund me, although they would receive the parts as they were sent, untouched by me. He asked them by e-mail, but they were reluctant to answer me

Another problem was with parts that were not available, but it was written that they would receive them the next day. I placed an order on 18.01.22 and the missing parts were listed for
19.01.22. On 19.01 they changed the date to 20.01, then to 21.01, then to 22.01. I made an inquiry when they will receive the parts and they answered 26.01, but this date was a lie, and they continued, 27…28 and then I refused these items and asked them to send me the order, but I’m sorry.

I ordered the missing parts through Mouser and it all ended in exactly three days, no customs duties, no lies.

may be this is the problem with digikey with private customers:

incoterms:
DDP (Duty and customs paid by Digi-Key) available to VAT registered businesses

Mouser always works perfect for me!

1 Like

Yeah, but Digi-Key is still a pain in the ass as they just do the customs declaration and pay the taxes and duties for you, so you gotta report it separately as import from outside EU for the tax office. Not a big deal as such, just another thing to remember. Mouser on the other hand shows up as intra-EU purchase, and FedEx works really good nowadays, 4-5 days delivery time from US to Finland.

UPS also made a mistake, now there is no need for me to pay extra fees. I’m waiting for the parts. Definitely I won’t use Digikey next time, my order is from 18.01.22.