QtAgOpenGPS lives... and needs a new name

I sent you a DM. Let me know if you didn’t get it.
Oh and if you’ll send me your github username, I’ll check out your change. We’ve been using git to share instead of github, then pushing to github.
I’ll go git remote add tenteen [url] in the terminal, then git pull tenteen [branchName] then git push to my github.

So instead of your git branch → your github → my github → my git branch, the sequence is more like:
Your git → your github → my git → my github.
Saves us having to do much with github, and has worked well so far.

1 Like

There is no such thing as multiplatform. Its a terrible and timeconsuming work to make connections work on all platforms. The code is full with if and else.

Yes that’s often the case. But so far Qt has provided enough abstractions that we have only maybe one ifdef in the entire code base. Not too bad! Coming from a Unix background I’m quite used to the idea of portable programming, so I’m not too surprised Qt makes it work so well.

QtAOG does build and sort-of runs on Windows, Linux, and Android. x86 or ARM. Probably macOS too, but I’ve never tried it. So that’s pretty good. There are some android-specific things that will require a bit of ifs and elses, including dealing with different screen orientations and sizes, and dealing with the onscreen keyboard. But those are things Android developers have to deal with anyway, even if they use “native” tools. There will also be issues with the serial port on Android which will require platform-specific code when we get finally to AgIO, next winter.

Its working with the excellent GitHub - mik3y/usb-serial-for-android: Android USB host serial driver library for CDC, FTDI, Arduino and other devices.. Maybe you must add devices to the prober.
At the moment I’m testing an Expo/ReactNative version of AgIO.

Great work! That’s awesome!

1 Like