Steering angle sensors

Im having a little problem, i got the newer tractor today (It was 6 months in the mechanic) and the Toyota WAS (3 pin) that i was using with AOG v3 (no ADS at that time) does not show at all when conected to the v4.3 INO/AOG tried using ADS and not using It and nothing… I installed the old v3 AOG and ino and works fine? Is there a fundamental change the stops the WAS from working on this newer versions??

Yes, as far as I have understood, since version 4 you have to use an ads. There is no analog input any more.

That’s correct. The code for analog input for the was is gone, because it simply doesn’t work well. If you still want analog was, stay at v3 or code it yourself.

1 Like

Alright ill try to add the analog Code back in, it worked fine for me before, not the fastest or highest def but It was good enough, i would prefer to use the ADS but my was just doesnt seem to want to work with it, cant seem to figure out why

Made It work! Thanks everyone!

For RQH100030 , I’ve understood that :
Pin5 : 5V / Pin4 : Signal / Pin1 GND

But I would like to know where are GND / 5V and signal for Pin2 Pin3 and Pin6.

Thanks

4 Likes

This is my install of the Delphi was.
I tried my best to refer to kaupoi pictures but was unable to get it done perfectly. Is there any settings on agopengps that I need to bare in mind? Eg Ackerman%

there are some who know the pinout on this one

Given it looks bodily identical to the land rover sensor I would say the same pin out would be a good starting point.

From a post above.

@Alan.Webb I also thought it was the same output, but it is not. It’s one I had I would use when I destroyed my Landrover sencor on the Fendt 714, when the suspension goes all the way to the bottom and there was something under the right front wheel, the front loader bracket could just reach the plug, I also tested it as a John Deere Was also without luck, maybe the output is 0-20 mA. With multitester I can measure 182 ohms between pin 1-4, 127 ohm pin 4-5, 220 ohm pin 1-5, can not see they change by turning sensor. Maybe it’s defective!

Pretty certain it’s a hall sensor so measuring ohms across terminals isn’t going to tell you anything.

@Alan.Webb I have also tried with 5 volts and many different combinations, but either nothing comes or there is 5 volts, there is nothing between 0.5 and 4.5 volts

After an issue with my S Class I can confirm quite a lot of Mercedes ride height sensors are basically the same as the LandRover one but with a reduced linkage if that fits better.

The Merc 0105427717 has two identical outputs. The 0105427617 has two outputs, one inverted.

2 Likes

Hello whats the name of the Sensor?

Hello,
Can I use RTY270LVNAX?

Not a good choice. Picture how you should connect the rods to move it 270 degrees. ( well a wire on a wheel could work :slight_smile: )
You must make it in a way so you get the sensor to move its full scale. I use a 90 degree Honeywell, but 120 can work too.

This is in stock. I will use some other sensor, but I have ti fit it on other place.

The 270 version would work, but you will only be using a fraction of its sensing range if mounted like most WAS are. This will effectively give it a lower resolution with courser steps between the angles it will measure.

The counts per degree will need to be set to somewhere around a third of what most other people use, but should still be better than if you tried using a 90 degree sensor with the nano’s built in ADC.

I took a WAS photo of the Trimble steering system today, it uses Elobau, I think it might be of use to someone.