Steering angle sensors

Is it water proof? Or did you make a box for it?

I build a case/holder, that makes it stronger against water and dirt. Works now for a few month and survived tractor-wash, but of course you should avoid direct pressure water.

Can you share the stl file? If you have 3d printed

ZF AN820031

very low height (8,5mm), need external magnet.
Angle: ±90°
Supply voltage: 5V
Signal: 0,5V to 4,5V
Connector: 30cm cables or Delphi connector

1 Like

Anybody got a picture of the RQH100030 mounted on a front axle? I need ideas and can’t figure out if I should use the arm included or find another solution.

IMG_6761

2 Likes

Under the ram guard in front of the axle of a 716.

A bit tight but it seems to work. I will add extra protection. I wanted it there because the axle and guard tend to be used as tread areas.

I used a simple cad package to make sure the movement was as linear as possible.

1 Like

Also running a honeywell. Working very well.
https://www.reichelt.de/positionssensor-halleffekt-45-0-5-4-5-v-dc-rty-090hveax-p151372.html?&trstct=pos_2

I received this sensor Koplamp Level Sensor Voor Toyota Tacoma Mazda RX 8 Lexus RX350 RX330 ES330 IS300 89406 53010 89407 48020 89407 48010|Hoogtesensor van een voertuig| - AliExpress

the - is on the left when the sensor is placed?
how to recognize the pins

I still have not found the + and the - on the pins
can anyone help me thanks

This relates to the sensor Scratch have 2 posts up.

Download the file in post 3 , they open it up (just take off the 4 screws) and you see it is just a potentiometer. Middle is out and the 2 other is ground and +, probably best with only 5V.

Hello,

I think you talk about this sensor. The sensor seems to be a resistor divider (potentiometer)
wit 2 fixed resistor at end. I’d say more -30 to 30 than -45 to 45.
Here is my mounting. I try to keep a 90° angle (wheels straight) between link and actuator to maximize accuracy and to keep symmetri. (connector was not yet installed)
francois
IMG_20181209_183609

Are you sure it the RQH100030?
The first lever looks too short and the other replaced.

I think there are several types based on same potentiometer
Short actuator (mine) = bmw (mercedes audi)
Long actuator + Connecting rod = land rover (higher suspension amplitude)
Connecting rod is mine
Francois

Ok, but I guess the landrover one using (ratiometric) hall-sensors. it works on both sides and can turn 360° with no endstop.

2 Likes

doppelgrau, Can you give more info on the 360 for the land rover?

You can spin the lever freely, no endstops.
And there are two areas where the sensor works (a magnet has two poles …).

Hello
On my other tractor, here is an adaptation with height sensor 84031 ($10 aliexpress)
(There is an additional protection from the tractor on the cylinder and on the sensor)
The sensor is a 90 ° type, supply 5 V, trigger point connected to ADS1115.
IMG_20191225_121745
The problem is that the connection point on the wheel is far from center so the displacement is long.
And with the mudguard attachment, there are few possibilities for the sensor.
It requires a long actuator on the sensor. I’ve calculate to have the max precision ~80 ° from end to end.
Due to the non symmetri of the system, the response curve is not linear, max error is at middle point
2 v instead of 2.5 V.
Does it requires or does someone has add a linearization formula (correction with segments) in the Nano ?
francois

If you cannot find better mounting position. You can use the map function in arduino to make the output to what you expect.
Simple to do. Just take readings of your WAS at full left turn, straight, full right turn, then add the map() function with your calculated results in new line after the WAS is read in arduino code on nano.

To calculate. Work out how many points/degree to turn one way then map other direction to be same. You need to work with the digital output from the WAS not the voltage.

Careful though. Altering code can get addictive.

8 Likes

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for the remark, I think I’ll proceed as you mentioned
1 segment from right to -10°
1 segment from -10 ° to +10°
1 segment from +10 to left
It’ll be simple an will correct all the non linearities due to my geometry of the sensor and Ackerman effect.