Steering angle sensors

Hello whats the name of the Sensor?

Hello,
Can I use RTY270LVNAX?

Not a good choice. Picture how you should connect the rods to move it 270 degrees. ( well a wire on a wheel could work :slight_smile: )
You must make it in a way so you get the sensor to move its full scale. I use a 90 degree Honeywell, but 120 can work too.

This is in stock. I will use some other sensor, but I have ti fit it on other place.

The 270 version would work, but you will only be using a fraction of its sensing range if mounted like most WAS are. This will effectively give it a lower resolution with courser steps between the angles it will measure.

The counts per degree will need to be set to somewhere around a third of what most other people use, but should still be better than if you tried using a 90 degree sensor with the nano’s built in ADC.

I took a WAS photo of the Trimble steering system today, it uses Elobau, I think it might be of use to someone.

I’m using elobau WAS too, works perfect. i.e. elobau 424A06A120

1 Like

so yours is 120 degrees.

Yes, perfect for my wheel angel -55 … 55°

2 Likes

I am having a hard time locating a wheel angle sensor in the USA. Seems like the Delphi ER10031 is being discontinued or is out of stock. I have been using them but would like and alternative. Is there another unit that someone is aware of that is available in the USA? Should I not be looking for hall effect sensors?

The Delphi ER is used as the ride height sensor on all 4 corners of many GM cars, I can’t believe that the sensor is going away anytime soon.

There are a bunch of different ER part numbers, they are all the same sensor with different length arms and linkages.

Search rock auto for delphi ER* and you’ll find GM part numbers. I believe the least expensive Cadillac model is around $50, I was able to get mine at Carquest and it was in stock.

I like the Delphi sensor because it is fairly robust, can handle a large arm, and has a stout return spring to take up any linkage slop. It’s not suitable to mount in a kingpin, but it’s great for linkages.

is this fore the sensor your selling, and the was sensor i recieved from you. Got 5 pins can you suply a discription. how to conect the sensor to the pcb.

Hello.

I have few questions about the DELPI Was.
What kind of plug do you use to connect it or have you a reference ?
What is the max angle ?
Or have you a data sheet ?

Best regards

There’s some info here

Thanks a lot !! :+1:

1 Like

So I mistakenly bought this one AIR SUSPENSION HEIGHT SENSOR REAR RIGHT LAND ROVER DISCOVERY 3 RANGE ROVER SPORT | eBay

“Reference OE/OEM Number
LR020161, LR020161G, RQH500043, RQH500043G”

Any good? Is there a way to test to check?

Should be same pinout as the rqh100030 which is for landrover discovery 2

The one you have here is for discovery 3 and just have different connection holes at the housing. In this thread (far up the pinout is shown)