Tree Planning

right,
but I want to line up the row so that all the trees are 5 meters from the border. Not a big deal, it can be done manually …
But I think it would be very convenient to design the whole plantation on a computer. I was thinking of software that can edit .kml trees like AutoCAD, but I don’t know if it’s possible.

The link below has:

A modified reverse, may or may not work. (No heading filter.)

Can add individual trees after you have placed all the other trees.

Right click on any tree it will bring up a form, you can delete the tree from there.

If you zoom way in, It allows you to see through the tractor and tool.
If the screen turns blue just hit zoom again.

AOG-Tree-210315.zip

great! I don’t know if I will be able to move a tree to a specific point, but it can be useful.
i tried only on the simulator.

now even Google Earth can move trees

Tried some cheap gps runs, reverse still gets hung. May eliminate the reverse unless the compass says your going backwards.

Also, had trouble building boundaries. Import kml worked fine, but drive and store, not so much.

What trouble building boundaries?

Boundary working now.

Reverse must be turned on in the settings, or filter, or both (not satisfied with reverse and running both reverse and filter makes it worse) If using the reverse you must turn it on with both settings and the button that will show up in the lower left corner.

If you click the 2D north or 3D north the tractor is cross-hairs.

AOG-Tree-20210317.zip

Can you explain more about your disappointment for the kalman filter? I found that my steereing is more smooth

No disappointment with the filter, just with running both reverse and the filter. One or the other, just not both. I’ll edit the string above to say not satisfied when running both at the same time.

I understand now.
Anyway I noticed something about the kalman: it makes heading changes slower, it is a filter so it does its job, but if you are seeding or turning 180 degrees at the end of field you will notice the tractor perfectly straight in real life, but AOG thinks the tractor has to rotate a bit to be perfectly straight. Maybe a variable filter would be better, like if you turn 180 degrees disable filter for 10 second than renable.
Just a thought

Where is the setting for reverse?

In the display settings. Third menu on top.
Turn on in display, then if you need it click the large button that will show up on the screen lower left.

I must be blind. Same area as where the filter is set?

Yes, it says reverse. I may have not grabbed the correct one to upload. Should have AOG-Tree 210317 yellow on the upper left screen.

Edit: Just downloaded it from github. Looks like this.

upps - I’d downloaded the last one but was opening a past version.

Been playing with the reverse in the simulator. Found it to be off by double the antenna position while in reverse. If the antenna offset is zero, it works better. So, i found where it was reversing this value and Brian had a check in there that if the speed was less than -0.1. So adjusting that helped with the calculations. Because with the simulator you can have a negative speed.

In caricamento: 20210312_141332.jpg… IMG-20210404-WA0004

Great job!

5 Likes

Making some progress adding the TreePlanner into the latest version. Using a completely separate form for the tree planning portion. In is not a button in the ABDraw anymore.

3 Likes

@KentStuff , would it be possible to add a field for the user to be able to input the distance from the tree marker that the trigger would fire? In my case I need a distance (or maybe time) before the anntena, since my anger is mounted on the front of the tractor others may need the number to the rear. I would use the rear number to spray to kill the ground cover prior to planting.

In either case I’ll modify the ino to set the brake, maybe someday even run the hydraulics to drill the hole. Heck I have the code made to spray the circle behind the tractor its pretty much the same to drill the hole in front. I’m off to get some hardware for the hydraulics.

By the way, the tree planner is looking good!!!

You need this?

Tree

:grin: :grin:

1 Like

If I’m understanding, the tool is ahead of the antenna. The trigger is, was adjustable from the tool. What happens when you set up the tractor with the tool in front? I’ve not tried that.

Edit:
Seems to work. Tractor is drawn very large but the tool is set 300 cm from the axle and the gps is set at 200 cm. I had to use Stanley to steer. Pure was bad wiggly. Have not uploaded it yet. I’ve got to fix the slow speed stuff first.