Tree Planning

@KentStuff

So if I use an if statement to determine if the tree is triggered, is 00000101 a number or text “00000101”?

It is a byte.

if (bitRead(tree,2))// this is XXXXX1XX 
{
}
 if (bitRead(tree,0))// this is XXXXXXX1
{
}
if (bitRead(tree,2)&&(bitRead(tree,0))//this is XXXXX1X1
{
}

I think. Some one more skilled with bits and bytes may say different. In the real world of numbers, 101 is 5 and 100 is 4.

1 Like

Thank you sir.

Hi Kent, sorry I’m late, I’ve been very busy at work.
I tried the reverse version.
it works, now if I go back the arrow doesn’t turn anymore.
But there is a problem, sometimes Aog reverses direction.
if the tractor moves forward, on the screen I go backwards

I had this problem in the simulator. I thought that I solved it. Guess not. What it does is check the fix to fix heading, if it is too great to drive, it must be in reverse. So wondering if the GPS fix to fix might be jumping around and causing it to think it is in reverse. Once in reverse, the only way to comes out of reverse is to not be able to drive there, then it swaps the direction again. Might can tweak the angle that it can’t drive to and help it. Might need an override button on the screen to fix it if it gets stuck.

Thanks for the update. Hope your tree planting is going well.

Edit: Were you running the heading filter? I found it worse with the filter.

I’ve finished the plantation, it’s a really good job.

I have learned to stop correctly on the first try and have never used reverse, but it can be useful.

I use the cmps imu and it must be mounted correctly forward. Could this be helpful in knowing the heading direction?

(heading filter was on)

Screenshot_20210309-204447_Drive

I would think that if the compass and the GPS heading differ by a given amount, then you must be in reverse. Not sure.

Glad to hear your planting went well.

the plantation is perfect,
I am very happy and I owe you!

is there any software that can move the tree points?
I want to try to align the first row to the head of the field, move the last row … etc …
now we make these corrections manually with a meter :rofl:

Are you wanting to shift the whole field of trees, or just spread out the first and last to make fit a field?

Hi Kent,I would like to know if it is possible to chose where to put the first plant, something like the button centering line. I have to plant a little vineyard, holes every 80cm. Right now I can set the row and the correct spacing, and even drive with autosteer, but the problem is the starting point.
Do you have any idea for this problem?

If you build your ABLine in the main screen. Set A at your first plant. Then set B somewhere on the first row. Go into the tree form set your spacings, then the abswap button. Then apply. It should. 80 cm, wow never tried anything under 100. Keep us posted if it works.

Do you mean create ab line with the tractor?

Yes at the first tree press A. Then drive the first row and press B.

Probably it is what I need. Great news!

If you can guess it good enough in the tree form, with a clean field, press the A button, then click a point in the field. Set your rotation angle then apply. It will build from left to right from that point. Better to use the ABLine as it will fill the field.

The big A in the tree form is meant for setting the first plant, isn’t it?
Do you have the last version with the kalman button? I clicked on your GitHub but there is no AOG

In the process of cleaning up the github site.
I’ll repost it this week. Yes, the A button sets the first tree. Auto-plant clears the A point. Watch the green dot. That is the reference point.

IMG_20210314_211803_204

an example, in this field I have to move the last row parallel to the border. Five meters from the border.
I drew the trees in red.

If you set your geo-fence 5 meters from the boundary it will not plan any trees for that area, but right now there is no way to move individual trees. Been working on an edit tree feature. That might be a good function to add.

right,
but I want to line up the row so that all the trees are 5 meters from the border. Not a big deal, it can be done manually …
But I think it would be very convenient to design the whole plantation on a computer. I was thinking of software that can edit .kml trees like AutoCAD, but I don’t know if it’s possible.