Valtra 8550 hydraulic autosteer project

So, finally it’s all working 100%. Installed the PVFC valve which made a huge difference in the steering. Still needed to replace also the PVG end plate to the non-LX connection type so that pressure doesn’t get trapped behind the shuttle valve. The 10 l/min spool has plenty of flow and the autosteer is very powerful even with the duals and the heavyish Front-Tiller on the front linkage.

Some of my substandard camera work here :grin:

Next winter’s project could be electrohydraulic spool valves and an electrohydraulic clutch so the thing could do some harrowing on its own. Maybe drive the headland manually and then let it do the inner bit of the field autonomously.

3 Likes

I’m bad with hydraulics, so here comes the dumb question: It is noted that it should only be used with other danfoss, would it improve on an hydraforce system ?

Might help, depends if you have problems with pressure buildup in LS line, that’s what it’s made for to allow for the constant flow from priority valve

I’m not really certain about the LS pressure but if do tighten the throttle check valve, there is a build up pressure and i can hear the engine “moaw” a bit, but if i loosen it too much, steering is too slow… can you draw a schematic of your installation ?
Thx

Like so:

Where exactly do you have the throttle valve, I’m still bit puzzled?

this way, without the possible shuttle valve… I have to adjust the throttle check valve for best performance, works great on my 8150 hitech but not that good on my T163 Versu… :thinking:

Ah, now I see. Yes, it will work if the flow from the priority valve is not too high. That’s probably the issue on your T163, when you restrict the flow enough for the LS pressure to rise from autosteer, the orifice is too small for the leakage flow and you get LS pressure rise even when not steering at all.

You can’t use a shuttle valve there with the 57C valve as it doesn’t vent the LS line to tank when in neutral. In autosteer you’ll get constant pressure in LS line even with spool in neutral. Same goes for the PVFC valve. You need a spool that vents the LS line to tank in neutral, like the 58 series from hydraforce.

Would it be possible for you to list parts and do schematic on how you have installed this? I am planning to do the same on T190 Valtra so it should work the same. I’m just a bit lost on hydraulic side of things.

1 Like