(Variable) Rate control

Thanks for that, I have followed the topic a bit but don’t have tools that would use it. Didn’t know about the aog release status.

I think Google earth can convert shape files to kml. Then they could be imported.

Aog is changing fast. Maybe we do an update after the new official release.

That would be great to get the vr included in aog.

It would be awesome to use it for variable rate NH3 application, if it ever gets included in the main release!

1 Like

This a great feature

We use a Bogballe spreader with the newest controller for it (totz). It seems to be using a serial line communication to our trimble unit. The spreader has the VR and section control enabled.

However. The whole point is to upload maps which is automatically generated from other data. Like soil samples, drones or Atfarm(maps made of satellite pictures).

Is this a whole lot of work?

We also use that spreader. @CQuick has implemented section control using Agopengps over the serial connection. See here Controlling Bogballe / KRM spreaders

I don’t know that anyone has yet managed to get variable rate control working but I imagine it would be possible over the serial link.

100% possible, just need to strip out the rate value from the PGN at any given moment, and spaff it down the serial line. If this is a feature anyone seriously wants then I can make it happen. (assuming rate PGN is a thing… I’ve been away for a while!)

Here are some pgns used with the rate app. PGN 230 sends the % of set rate, for up to 5 different products, to the rate app based on a variable rate application map. PGN 32614 sends the units/minute X10 with bytes 5,6 and 7 to the arduino rate module on the applicator. It takes into account the % sent with PGN 230. For example if the rate is set to 200 in the rate app and PGN 230 says 120% then 240 is sent with PGN 32614 to the rate module. PGN 230 is not included in the latest AOG yet.

If the standard is not final, is it possible to add section or machine width to one of the PGNs?
At the moment the user has to manually input machine width for my app to work so it would be handy if AOG could provide that. (would it fit in PGN 234, just before number of sections? Edit: Didn’t notice that was a reply PGN.)

I think that would be a good idea. If all the sections are not the same width then a pgn would need to send the width of each section.

1 Like

Each section width could take 2 bytes. In the AOG machine form that sets the pin numbers for each section, it could also send the sections widths.

2 Likes

When i connect the trimble cfx750 to the totz, it will receive the width from the totz terminal and the amount of sections. It also display the total weight of fertilizer spread.
What is PGN? In not up do date on the terms…

PGN is parameter group number. It is a communication sentence sent from one module to another. It sends values for properties of an object, steering, imu, machine, gps, etc.

1 Like

See pgn 235 in the latest update. v5NoJob. It sends section widths.

Hi ! This project is exactly what I was looking for. Great. When will AGOGPS send the PGN235? I have already tested everything in the settings, but the PGN does not come out.

As up version 2.3.4, the automatic sections switch is switched off at the end of the path and not switched on again. Is there a setting that I havend found, to make this work again?

It is this version: GitHub - farmerbriantee/AgOpenGPS at v5NoJob

Yes it works. Perfect.

Is the deactivation of the automatic sections switch at the end of the lane intended or can I switch it somewhere so that it always stays on?

Do you mean at the end of the round? I haven’t noticed this. Once auto is started on a field it stays on.

This is from memory. If u turn leg is too short then countdown seconds before start of field is not matching.(when leaving the headland)
Maybe someone else have the correct answer, before i can test on computer tomorrow in aog SIM

Yes, at the end of the round. Till Version 2.3.3 it had worked, but not after Version 2.3.4. Look at the Video:
AGOPENGPS with Rate Control 2.3.5