WAS on John Deere 6x30 7x30

I got all the parts from jd for my 6330 to fit factory WAS EXCEPT the kingpin with hole down through the middle. It was expensive. Im going to try machine on lathe.

I am very interested to see the end result. If you can also quantify the total cost, it can be used by others :slight_smile:

No problem at JD. I am installing the standard RTY Honneywel. I drill a 6 mm hole in the bearing pin on a lathe, a 16mm deep 24mm deep recess on the top, I use a 5mm long 80mm screw as a drive. After assembling the bearing cover with the drilled hole, I drill a 4mm hole which I thread M5. To get a hole in the axis, I wrap the drill with insulating tape so that it is tight in the 6mm pin hole.
The screw head is ground square and connected to the sensor through a printed clutch. Virtually no cost, just a little work.
20200807_200907 20200710_175315 20200708_172704

6 Likes

Is there a grease nipple on the pin? I was thinking of the same kind of solution on a Carraro front axle but that has the grease drilling running in the middle, any ideas how to work around that?

I had a carraro in a case magnum with calamites in the middle. I drilled a 4mm hole horizontally in the cover of the pin so that it connects to the center where the sensor axis is and the calamite is ready. In JD, the grease nipples in this photo were not provided at the factory.

Do you have more pictures of the inside ? or a drawing ?

Thx

Google Photos
Google Photos