Webbased version

No misunderstanding. Brian was speculating as to whether everything could be done in the browser with no backend server at all. It’s certainly within the realm of possibility except for the UDP stuff. But I agree keeping the heavy lifting on an embedded computer and using the browser for the UI is probably the better way.

1 Like

the graphics needs a million times more atomic calculations than the steering, but steering needs real time. so each device should do, what it’s optimized for. this will keep the Pi cold as well…

And you can keep all the steering code and “just” :joy: put the C# stuff to the Pi.

1 Like

Seems the gamers have already figured it out years ago, server could reside with AgIO. No need for the Pi. WebGL for graphics

Netcode.io

is that answer really for me? I didn’t see any security issue yet. Wait - yes, my neighbour could remote-control me and let me plow his field! :rofl:

3 Likes

You sure can with teamviewer control a tractor from anywhere. Pretty cool

1 Like

Im too cheap to buy the full version of team viewer, so i will only be able to remote operate my tractor 30min at a time, being half Ukrainian could be a software bug.

Farm simulator is a huge game, if the insurance risks were not so big AOG could be used for a remote “Real Farm Simulator” version. Scary, leave some 8 year old running the combine from his basement.

VNC helps you out. There are many free implementations… :wink:

It’s possible to make a tractor safe, e. g. with laser scanners, but it won’t be reliable any more. Most often, you’ll do a u-turn directly in front of trees or bushes, which will be fail safely inhibited by such devices… Apart from that it can be safe if applied in a hight which is low enough, so noone can duck under. So never suitable for harvesting and too difficult for hobbyists yet…

I use it, the free one, but use ip direct to the router in AgraBot via wifi

Does vnc work with 4g ? I mean the phone 4g doesn’t have fix ip.

Well, maybe not too difficult. I considered one of these, the interface is quite straightforward and the software is very powerful.

https://leddartech.com/solutions/leddar-vu8-solid-state-lidar-sensor-module/

This is its bigger brother, but the 8 works the same. LeddarTech - Sensing Solutions that Enable Autonomous Vehicles - YouTube

one of the struggles i had was going thru a dip in the field, it would see the ground or upcoming slope, see an obstacle and stop. Dust another issue, dust cloud would go away, tractor go again till dust caught up, stop, repeat.

Html5 canvas benchmark

My s10e (Samsung Android) phone gets a score of 6051 with Firefox 92, 9128 with Chrome 93.