Who's running RVC firmware?

I’m using RVC for all lately, no issues so far.

1 Like

Also having good repeatable results with RVC

Well this is unexpected. Had a user message me today, Arion 650, canbus, rvc. Was weaving all over the place and eventually spotted the imu was static at zero on screen (was trying to help via video call, wasn’t fun with poor video quality hence took me a while to spot it). Agio had green IMU, but flat zero on screen. Lid off, he assured me chip was well in place, hadn’t popped out or anything. Power off and on, and back up and running. He’d already powered the box off before opening it up so I’ve no idea if it was showing power or not before the reboot.

What a time for that to happen… First fault I’ve heard of! This is in Tony’s canbus standard code, not AIO nor AIO modified. Anyone else see this ?

1 Like

I have seen the imu not start with rvc. It doesn’t happen very often. Made a modified gpsout to warn the user when it happens.

1 Like

Can it be restarted automatically?

Did you put a trace to the reset to hold it high?

Only grief with RVC, was it would give random resets before reset was permanently turned off.

2 Likes

Ah, I just followed the wiring guide at adafruit, don’t recall them mentioning reset. I’ll have a dig about, thanks for the tip. Definitely a situation we need to resolve tho, I’d thought RVC was bulletproof as opposed to the i2c startup issues

What mods are necessary to convert to RVC?

Thought it may have been static, but since keeping the rst pin at steady state have not experienced it again.

But locking to zero is new.

1 Like

I’ve had this happen a 2 or 3 times, but my box is slightly off level so it freezes at -1.5 degrees roll (my offset) and 0 degrees heading. Turning everything (tablet and AIO) off for a couple minutes seems to get things working again. Seems to happen if the program has been running a long time. Didn’t have it happen again once I made an effort to close AGIO and AOG when I shut down for the day or even over lunch. Also seemed to happen if I wasn’t using steering, just mapping.

By putting a trace in, do you just solder in a wire from the reset pin directly to 3.3V?

That is how I did it on the first board, wire from 3.3V on the bno to reset. BNO was also powered off 3.3V.