Wobbly driving

It is set right. I have done all the baby steps thrue the wizard.

Like how bad? 1-5 cm side to side, or worse? Is the imu indicator(bottom right corner of the screen) changing?

Yesterday I measure max 28cm diference.

In order to get good readings from the IMU, it will need to be installed someplace other than in or on the suspended cabin. Whether you move the whole box with the PCB/IMU or do a remote IMU will be your choice.

But if I put IMU on the chasis, antena will move left and right, let say, 15cm, but IMU will read only small deviation. Dont you think that then AOG will think that I actualy move left and right and will try to catch the line and will steer even more?

Do you think it would be better with double antenna setup? Do I still need IMu if I have double antenna?

Where do you plan to mount the antenna(s)? The challenge with mounting the antenna’s and / or IMU on a suspension cab is the AOG steering corrections, steer angles, roll, etc. are relative to the chassis. Suspension cabs also move relative to the chassis which impairs sensor (IMU / GPS antenna, etc.) readings when they are attached to cab. The GPS antenna(s) need to have a clear view of the sky. Mounting them on the hood can cause loss of signal from some satellites when the antenna is in the “shadow” of the cab.

Well today I try with antena mounted on hood and it was pretty successuful with roll filter 90 and fusion 70-30. But still need more testing-measurment to do

With dual antenna I was thinkin to mount on the roof of cabin, but I agree with you that this wont solve the woble.

Are you using panda? Roll filter needs to be set 0-1 when using panda.

I guess I do since I have aio board 4.1?
so should I put that to 0 ? Why?

Yes you do have a panda. Just try putting it at 0. You can always go back if it doesn’t help.

1 Like

I did try that and I think it was better like that. Do you maybe know why it should be 0?

Because of the exact corelation between gps and imu signal during panda algorithm, therefor no filtering!

2 Likes

Thank you, for explanation.
I am thinking now to put also IMU on chasis, conected to the board with cable and also put antenna on the hood. Have some time to prepare the cables and connectors because I will get tractor back next week.

I’m sure there are lot of people running ago successfully on a fendt, there must be another issue. Did you doublechecked your parameters.

2 Likes

I thought so too, but dont know what can it be?
What data should I share so it would be easyer to help me?
I dont beleive that Keya motor would have anything to do with it.
I have another AOG on a smaller older tractor with different steering motor and there I have zero issues.

Each tractor setup is unique, adjusting is done by

CPD
Ackerman
Max steer angle
Proportial gain
Max limit
Min to move
Look ahead
Speed gain
Integral

May be its helpful to post a video sequence.

You can also ask the keya telegram group for some parameter advice

This is what I have:

CPD - 135
Ackerman - 95
Max steer angle - 40
Proportial gain - 44
Max limit - 255
Min to move - 20
Look ahead - ALA 2,5 - HLA 3
Speed gain - 1
Integral - 8

I did play with this values a lot and this work’s best for now.
I dont think it is Keya motor related because tractor moves on dsiplay also and AO just want to get to the line position. Hopefully I get tractor soon so I will mount IMU separately on chasis.
Will report if that wil fix the problem.

is the cabin suspension ok on the tractor? you dont have worn mounts allowing excess movement?