1982 Versatile 895 steering wheel gear

I designed this 2 spoke steering wheel gear that is compatible with @PotatoFarmer’s motor mount and TPU gear (some grinding may be necessary depending on the condition of your steering wheel)
Printed with a 0.8mm nozzle with 5 Vertical shell’s 60% infill out of Overture PETG
Nozzle temp 230C (240C for the first layer)
Bed Temp 80C ( 90C for the first layer)

7 Likes

You just solved two swather installs for me,

I will be releasing the original F360 files due to this, If you agree that I can add this to the current Gdrive repository.

1 Like

Sure you can, just know it’s currently untested, I may have a hydraulic issue on my 895 and I’m waiting on my wheel angle sensor to test it out.

The gear my have to be sanded to fit depending on the wear on your steering wheel.

It appears to be symmetrical on my wheel, so it should work.

1 Like

I have two massey / CI swathers to install in that have the same bi spoke wheel. So it will get tested.

I installed it today, I’ll modify the STL so the nuts on the back are counter sunk and they rub against the steering motor

STL file is updated on Thingiverse with 7/16" hex cut outs for more clearance ( I’m using the original gear still, will test today)

1 Like

Just confirming the gear works on my 895! It’s even able to do a U-turn with only 12V pulling a 45ft land roller

3 Likes

did this happen to fit your massey swather? I just bought a Massey 220

Good question, have not got to install it yet.

Any chance you could make this 2 piece?

Edit: Actually was able to split it and add a dovetail in the slicer, I’ll print it out, glue it and see how it goes.

Thanks @emptywallet , this will be perfect for my Versatiles. Any chance of getting the measurement of outside diameter? Think it will be slightly too wide for my printer. How did it go splitting it @cosmo ?

sorry I missed your reply, I dont believe I have the STEP file anymore, but I do have a new and improved version I made for my 9270 thats quite a bit smaller (same steering wheel)

import the STL into your slicer and then you will know for sure!

I just published my Case 9270 Gear, I messed up modeling this one and its the opposite direction as potato farmers so I had to make my own phidget motor gear

Is your STL file on thingiverse the updated smaller version or the original? edit - Cancel that. Just saw the 9270 file.

make sure you print both tops as they’re different

Case gear is ~201 mm
Versatile gear is ~270mm

Great. I will print out next week and let you know how it goes.

I split it with a dovetail and print in two pieces. It is pretty massive, haven’t ran it on the tractor yet but the gear transitions over the joint smoothly. I put it up on makerworld