Acquire look ahead and hold look ahead

can someone explain what are the differences between acquire look ahead and hold look ahead
there is no explanation on brian and villi’s tutorial

Acquire is the setting for the look ahead when it’s trying to get on to the line. Hold is the look ahead when it’s trying to stay on the line.

1 Like

Are there any suggestion to optimize both values availiable?

Here you have a guide that tells you how to configure the parameters you want (in the pdf file) https://github.com/lansalot/FileDump/blob/main/steeringtutorial.pdf

3 Likes

Thanks for the link, excellent guide.

Hello everyone, can some of you post your look ahead hold and aquaire values. I’m just curious what are you guys running and to compare your to mine.
Mine are
Aquaire 2.3m
Hold 2m
Speed gain 1m
Integral 20

is it wandering?
if so lower the intergral

1 Like

That looks fairly close to mine, except I would run a little lower integral, and a little higher speed gain.

1 Like

Bloody hell, forgot I’d written that ! Never did finish it…

You can’t compare other people’s settings to yours really. If you’re on flat-ish ground, you can nearly zero integral.

MinPWM and proportional gain have a huge effect on how things behave too, watch the video that explains them as well

1 Like

Not really, it’s perfectly straight, my neighbor has a Trimble and they are nearly identical. Only my setup has a little wiggle on a roughy terrain where the tractor is jumping around ( those are not my fields but fields of people that pay me to drill ).

Proportional is 60
Maximum is 180
Min is 27

Did you watch the PWM video? 60 seems high…

Yes I watched the video, proportional was on 50 same as default, but I noticed it lacked a little umf sometimes so by increasing pgain it works better. I should probably say that I’m not running a phidget motor but a Chinese 1000rpm motor, 24V, also the tractor is fairly new, I bought it almost five years ago and the steering on it is perfect, very good pump and “fast” orbitrol.