AGOPEN in Fendt 924 with hydraulic control. Super successful project, perfect handling!

Here is my load sensing “module”, the connector output to the LS orbitrol line.
20200718_132110

1 Like

How much €€€ did you end up with the Cetop hydraulics? And what is the second pressure sensor for?

Good stuff! And really neat installation on the WAS.

Valves are about $ 600, pipes, tees, fittings are an additional $ 120
Sensor 1 is connected to the L line, 2 to the R line. It turns off the autoster when the steering wheel is turned left or right.

You can do that with one sensor and a switch ball valve

You mean the alternative valve. That’s how you could connect. I have also used alternative (pendulum) valves for the output of the LS and noticed that in low-flow conditions, such as slow turning of the steering wheel, oil leaks through such a valve without causing the ball to move and the outlet tightly closed. That’s why I currently use spring loaded check valves. 1 shuttle valve is already in the pressure compensator, adding another these leaks will add up and you will need a certain oil rate to move the balls.
The sensor I use costs 40E, so it’s not a terrible cost, I connect them in series via NC (normally closed) contacts. Disconnecting is immediate.

Which kind of bracket are you use for holding the simple2rtk board ?

rtkv2

do you have the stl for print?

1 Like

Which sensor? Is it a pressure transducer or switch?

Guess this can be due to the high flow rating of the shuttle valves, most 3/8” valves are rated for something like 40-45 l/min.

Did you think about using an LS cetop bottom plate? I guess there you have a smaller (and faster reacting) shuttle for the LS? Costs probably a lot more though

Hi Baraki, can you tell me how it is connected 6 way valve.

It is electrically connected to PWM2 via a mosfet switch.
Hydraulically: P1 / P2 ----> piston, A1 / B1 ------> orbitrol, A2 / B2 -------> proportional valve

I had 1/4 valves but as you say they are probably still too big, especially for a small tractor. I was looking for a CD with LS but I couldn’t find one available immediately and the prices are quite high (around 300E), pay in advance and wait 6 weeks. And vegetation does not want to wait. Check valves may not be an elegant solution, but they work perfectly and cost little and are on the shelf!

The MMA inclinometer mounted inside the suspended cab can make “noise” for the measure of the correct angle?

It is better an Te DOG2 mounted on the tractor frame?

If i mount the MD13S (with Phidgets gear motor) on the PCB, there are problems in the response ? Some say it is better to mount it near the gear motor.

Yes, same sort of pricing when I was building my system. One approach I’ve been thinking maybe for the second tractor would be to fit the valve directly on top of the orbitrol with a custom base plate, maybe needs some machining on the orbitrol as well + the LS line needs to come as an external.

What values do you have for the gain etc.? Seems to steer really smooth! I’m waiting for the harvesting to start to get some testing ground cleared :smile:

Thanks, and what is your opinion to replace the proportional valve with orbitrol.

Hello,
Very nice work !
Where can I find the PCB?
I see an IMU sensor in you box, I guess it can be removed when using the simpleRTK2B-F9R V3, which has the integrated IMU ?

Thanks!

You don’t need a PCB, it’s possible to connect the modules by wires. If you like to have a nice-looking PCB, please have a look here: List of PCBs