AIO v2.5 board extension for hydraulics/sections

could it be that on switch 16 the 4 , 10 , 2 ,3 correspond to the 4 legs of the switch?
2 feels like ground
2 - 4 → 350 ohm
2 -10 → 330+220 → 550ohm (which goes to the quick lower that has another 460 ohm? )

How about we add 13ohm resistor between 2 - 6 and see if it lifts instead of lower?

That is really helpful, but again shows it’s more complicated than I thought and it would need to be if they didn’t want to sell these for +50€ prices. What happens at the 19 potentiometer? Does it affect the ohms of the circuits or could its measurement determine whether its going down or up? Is there signal coming through there from ELC bypassing the switch? Should I put the relay between 19 and 16 or M and N or does it matter at all?

Not quite sure but my guess is that 19 can regulate the voltage and then the computer has parameters to what position the lift would need to be according to the computer

hope this makes more sense, not sure if you can just put in a relay with the ressistors there since the power takes the easy way it would still be 9,5 V that goes back instead of the lowered voltage

Thank you, this explains some of the measurement I got. However my switch has different pinout numbers and it behaves strangely if there is only resistors in there? It has some resistance between all of the pins but when powered it has only momentary resistance like of there is a relay disconnecting all of the pins. However there is voltage differences between all the pins. I will put my measurements below and continue measuring.

4=gnd

Power off:
6-5=242ohm always
5-4=214 ohm always
6-4=69,8ohm always
7-4=356
7-5=147
7-6=383
7-8=440/0
8-4=768
8-5=576
8-6=790

Power on:

6-5=

Momentary around 1600ohm otherwise 0 ohm but
7,24V@down
6,58V@neutral
4,97V@up

5-4

momentary 1300-1900ohm
2,23V@down
2,89V@neutral
4,5V@up

6-4

9,48V always

I guess 6=G/4 in your drawing.

7&8 are the wires going to the black button. I will measure them later more.

Now when I think about it. It seems like the voltage goin back on wire E or 5/2 would be the determining factor of the height anyway. So I will try if just pulling the connector of will do the trick or do I still need that 4,9/5V going through.

I’m assuming the computer will need the voltage from the depth control in order to function… Might throw a fault code if it doesn’t get a voltage that’s in between the parameters

But through all these resistors, etc we’re basically doing a very overcomplicated “voltage divider”.

With that being said one of the guys in Hungary ( @Joci ) “simply” used 3 voltage regulator to create 3.3 , 5.5 , 6.6 volts (that was his lower / neutral / raise ) and using a DPDT switch he puts control to his contraption and let the relays switch the right voltage. Maybe he’ll share pictures.

I wonder if there could potentially be a DAC output on the AIO board added in the future for stuff like this. Maybe something like a digital potentiometer or DAC with op amp to get a configurable 0-12v output.

It indeed throws the error code 1-9 when the wire is cut. Now I guess it needs a relay cutting of the 7,24 input when aog tells it to lift and a way to input 5V simultaneously. Could that 5 V be sourced from AIO board trough ampseal or even use the same wire for continuous 5V and power suply using a diode to prevent 7,5V backfeed?

But your 5V is basically just created by having the right resistor on one of the existing pin of yours.

I googled it and learned about voltage dividers. Do I need to make a divider with two resistors and a wire to gnd or is just one resistor in wire enough? What resistor would I need to get 5V out of 7,24 or 9,5 volts?

Tried to port the Hydlift changes to V4.1 boards:

Should work but haven’t had time to test it.

Hello, I uploaded this soft https://github.com/gunicsba/AgOpenGPS_Boards/blob/hydliftv2/TeensyModules/V4.1/Firmware/Autosteer_gps_teensy_v4_1_hydlift.ino.hex to Teensy 4.1 on the v4 disc and it doesn’t work, nothing happens on outputs A12,A13,A14. What could I have done wrong.

Have you connected the outputs on the board using jumpers? Between teensy and BNO85 there is a place where it has to be done

Thank you for the quick reply. I didn’t put any jumpers, tomorrow I’ll check again if it works.

Hello,

This file has the details in comments: https://github.com/gunicsba/AgOpenGPS_Boards/blob/hydliftv2/TeensyModules/V4.1/Firmware/Autosteer_gps_teensy_v4_1/MachineHydraulicLift.ino

//These are the pins available on the AIO boards AMPSEAL:
#define HYDRAULIC_LIFT_OR_UP 26 //A12 was: Hyd_up Used to lift up the hydraulics
#define HYDRAULIC_LOWER_OR_DOWN 27//A13 was: Hyd_down Used to lower the hydraulics
#define HYDRAULIC_TRAMLINE 38 //A14

You want to play with the User4 parameter in AgOpenGPS:
uint8_t user4 = 0; //0 - disabled , 1 - Pulls the relay and keeps it that way , 2 - pulls and release it after N second

We had to invert the relays to get it working with relay board.
Here:

1 Like

Is there a manual up and down? Or how do you do that? Have you used this with the SCV valves on JD or CNH?

We got lucky with all of our tractors. (Athough we rarely used this feature.)
Long story short AOG is not capable to “lower” the hydraulics. It can only “raise”. So when its lifted it’ll stay lifted no matter what the software tries.
This was achieved by “cutting” the cable that was powered by the switch when lowered. And the ECU automatically raised the hydraulics up. So our relay is wired as C + NC and when activated it disconnects that wire.

However all the tractors are different, so not sure what’ll work best for you.

I’ll have to dig into the ino. Would be awesome to use the arrows to raise and lower when not in auto.

Does anyone know how for sure how auto works? -Does it send the lower command every loop or does it just send it once?

• Orrrrr it seemed like it maybe sent it when the antenna started moving after a stop….