AIO v2.5 xbee wiring

I am going to be putting my xbee radio in a separate box on the roof of the tractor, just wondering if there is any issue connecting wires on the AIO board from the through holes next to the xbee radio that says rtk radio and has 4 through holes. I was thinking of connecting 3.3v, sig, and ground to the analog out header on the board to the pins that are connected to the ampseal pins 11 12 and 13. Then I can just connect the wires from there to my xbee box on top of the tractor.

Am I missing something or should this not work
Thanks

There’s nothing wrong with that basic idea. It’s a long ways for 3v3 wires and that causes some concern.

You may have a voltage drop issue that causes the xbee not to be powered properly (brown outs).

You may have interference on the signal if running next to noisy circuits.

Thanks I was just think from the amp seal I could run twisted pair ethernet wire which would then connect to my xbee, that way I dont need an antenna cable extension, and I can quickly disconnect the xbee box and move to another unit if I want to. If power is an issue I could always tap off the 12 volt power and power it through a barrel connector on the xbee development board I have in the box powering the xbee.

Thanks again

1 Like

another question on the v2.5 aio board. I looked at andreas v2.4 build but on his pictures the board shows the cytron us-or-cytron left pins opposite in label to mine, and I have not been able to track down the schematic for v2.4 the one I find that says 2.4 but shows v2.5 stencil. After reading a fair bit I am not 100% sure on the following
1)the jumpers on v2.5 the three jumper location are stenciled as follows from left to right Lock or Right/ us-or-cytron LEFT/ and finally Remote or Pressure Input. Given the way my stencil reads it appears opposite to the 2.4 build thread so do i place the jumpers on the right two pins of the lock or right jumper location and the right two pns on the us-or-cytron Left jumper location and the on the right two pins for the Remote or Pressure input
2)given I am using barakis valve and the pressure sensor is a .5-4.5 volt sensor I need to modify r1 and r2 to 3k and 5k for this to work (any wattage of resistor needed)
3)does the 2.5v board need the 330ohm resistor changed out to the 1kohm resistor (again any wattage) or is this just for using a motor to drive steering
4) is there any need to cut the trace above the 330 ohm resistor or once again is this just for electric motor
Thanks

1. v2.4 had some of the silkscreen labels flipped (wrong).
  2. I believe so, there’s a “fixes” section on the hardware wiki with specifics and values.