Any tips for getting cheaper shipping on a jlcpcb order?

Theyre trying to charge $130 cad to canada on a $260 order, its seems rediculous

Not really way to get around it unfortunately. I just try and make my orders larger so it is cheaper per board for shipping

1 Like

It’s more of a reflection of how cheap electronics are from China.

Divided by 5 that’s only 78 Cad.

I check all the shipping options they offer. The prices change fairly regularly. They do offer coupons on assembly, parts and sometimes shipping. They can be stacked if not for the same service.

I just ordered 5 AIO v4.5 standard boards. Two with parts. Shipping was $52 to the US.

Also, check to see if the parts on your board are available from the standard versus extended parts inventory. Those extended parts fees add up.

We’ve tried to use as many basic parts as possible. You can skip the Danfoss & canbus chips if you won’t need them (also canbus diodes)

1 Like

Don’t choose them to pay the customs. It will be cheaper to pay it yourself.

At JLCPCB you have 2 choices: If you have big pieces combine as much as you can in one order

If all pieces are under 15-20$ and under around 400g use the cheap shipping by seperating them all in different orders.

In the readme with the ordering files (that not everyone read apparently) the parts you can skip are explicitly described.

Only CANBUS and Danfoss worth enough to think about removing them.

There is also the “alternate part” files where you have multiple interchange parts if one is not available.

1 Like

The new boards are already optimized for the parts cost. If not, let us know.

Also, only extended SMD parts have a 3$ cost. THC can be extended, this don’t add cost, just check the quantity they charge because the minimum can be pretty high.

1 Like