Arduino Nano Cannot seem to upload

Here is a three birds with one stone video, UDP upgrade, uploading an .ino, and motor test. Hopefully it clears up a few things.

2 Likes

Hello and thanks for your youtube I am thinking that i might need to get a new usb cable to the Nano . The Nano light comes on when pluged in but it does not come up in my device manager . Plug my phone in the same usb port it shows in device manager so im thinking a new usb cable for nano worth a try i guess chris

1 Like

Hi and thank you i have done it that way with no luck im thinking it may be faulty usb cable chris

Remember to buy a data AND charging cable. The one you use could originally be charge only.

3 Likes

Hello and thanks for the utube it helps heaps . Ok i have had some success i had a faulty USB cable would you believe . I have uploaded my Nano i had to chose the( Arduino Mini) for it to upload i now start up agg open and i can get it to steer in sim mode using the was sensor . I do not have a green steering wheel like in your you tube and do not have the tilt and roll in the screen and not working so i guess i have a little more to sort out do i need to upload for them as well?
thanks chris

1 Like

For steering wheel you need to click it, and short steer switch on PCB for motor to work. (nano pin D6 to ground)

Is IMU connected and how ?

2 Likes

Lets go through any issues you have one by one.

Lets start with the imu.

Hello and thanks for replies i will do some research on the imu i was just under the impression that once i uploaded nano all would work hmm not quite correct
chris

Do you have an IMU?

Its connected by the sda and scl lines these sometimes can get reversed.

Where are you taking power for the imu, most imu’s are 3.3V only a few places on the V2 board have 3.3V available, most of the board is at 5V.

All the magic should work, but if you are having issues best way to troubleshoot is one issue at a time.

Hi And thanks again i have the ADS1115 And MMA8452 on my v2 board chris

Which version are you using?

version 5.4

MMA and BNO055 are not supported in v5 and later versions. For v5 you need BNO08X or CMPS 14. You can try older version of AOG (v4) or use autosteer without IMU (if you got flat enough fields will work great).

1 Like

I think the parts list needs a refresh. @KentStuff @BrianTee_Admin

Hi and thanks for your reply
Wow im confused so with version 5.4 i cannot use the ADS1115 and MMB452 ?
So i need a BN0085? and no MMb452?
ive done so much reading i must have got things mixed up a little
thanks chris

sorry MMA

I also bought MMA’s and had the Bno085 rollout happen with v5.

AOG development moves fast.

The Bno works well, remember to snap one up when mouser.ca gets more in september.

Hi and thanks
I guess i could put all together and use add the bno085 at a latter time as suggested buy Radmuffins.
37 week wait for the bno085 here
chris

Hello
can i use a BNO 080 instead of the BNO 085 ?
thanks chris