Ardusimple radio alternatives

Does anyone know of any alternative radios that will work with the ardusimple boards, have tried to hook a couple up with no sucess.
Mouser carry a lot a similar looking radios but have a few that look the same but with different specs and not sure which to try

1 Like

Pretty much any pair of radios with a serial interface should work. Or are you after a radio that would be air interface compatible with the digi.com radio that Ardusimple seems to be using? Why would one want to use a digi radio on the other end of the link and something else on the other?

1 Like

Thats what i thought but i’ve now got two pairs of radios that i can’t get to work so thought maybe there was something i missed.
Just looking to get away from ntrip, works great but a hotspot is just something else to sort when someone else is using it

1 Like

Would be interesting to know which radios do you have now. Do they have an RS232 interface or CMOS/TTL?

I would test the radio link independently from any GNSS receivers, just insert serial data and check the other end with a terminal program. Could also try NTRIP data and an NTRIP client.

1 Like

Hello,
At the beginning, I’ve used this module directly connected to M8T (emitter) and
to uart of Pi zero w (receiver). I put the smallest message as possible (only RAWX and SFRBX)
It worked in line of sigh, but as I’m living in urban area which is very noisy,
I moved to NRIP, but I’ve always this possibility in case of …
425 to 450 MHz
3.3 v Uart compatible
24 to 33 dBm
Configuration sofware easy to use

Interesting, as the one i’m currently trying is the e32 version of that, as northernfarmer says i’m going to set it all up serial and give try it that way first seeing as jumping all the way in with finger crossed didn’t work