Ardusimple2b fail to get RTK FIX Mission Control

I have 2 ardusimple 2b boards base and rover communicate over XBEE with pixhawk 1. Its been 3 weeks of trying to get it to work but I failed. downloaded and installed firmware and config files multiple times but no joy. I get the rover corrections led off so there appears to be correction there but Mission planner shows GPS fix and the rover icon drifting all over the place.
Any help would be very welcome.
Thanks

Hi! Am I right in thinking that this is an Ardupilot project? If it is, you might be better off asking on their forum. Most of use here are only AgOpenGPS users, and I wouldn’t have any idea where to start with Ardupilot configs.

Of course, if this is an AOG project, maybe try giving us a little more information, and we’ll see what we can do :slight_smile:

Ok thanks the project is a mower, would AgOpenGPS do the same as mission planner?

I don’t know. Never used mission planner. You can see an explanation of AOG here:https://www.youtube.com/@AgOpenGPS/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

No AOG by default is not a mission planner. You can drive and record a path, or you can drive ablines and abcurves, but as a field mission planner it is not set up to do this. On the rtk fix and moving all over the place, it should be stable on the rover side. The base is a fixed point you put in or survey in. That real point is stationary, but its GPS measured point would still be all over the place.

1 Like

Ok thanks. I understand how to do the set up. Probably not getting the config/mission planner correctly. I don’t need mission planner if AgOpengps can be used to teach. It’s the same path all the time. I have downloaded it and look to try over the next few days.

Recorded path works well with larger turning radius. As the driven (recording) radius gets smaller, the following radius struggles to respond quickly enough. You can do this on the simulator to test.

Thanks good to know, I would like to turn sharp on some areas but can test it. I now think that my Pixhawk is faulty, I have ordered another with radio telemetry, I have been using XBEE so
I hard wired them but it still didn’t Hopefully the new Pixhawk will solve my issues