Automatic steering of CASE 2188 combine with corn header

I want to install hydraulic valves on my CASE 2188 combine. However, I do not know if steering on the AB lines will work when mowing corn. In my fields, sowing was with AGOPEN, but I also do services on sown fields according to markers.
Do you think that it would be possible to connect the row sensor to PCBV2? Any ideas are welcome.

I guess the row sensor is some kind of mechanical thing that touches the stalks? Some kind of hall effect sensor and analogue output ± centerline of the rows? Maybe you could use the sensor signal as an offset to AOG steering algorithm, i.e. “offsetting” the guidance line by a given amount, similar to how the tilt correction works? Quick and dirty you could calculate an artificial tilt angle and use the row sensor instead of the tilt sensor?

2 Likes

What about using a WAS for the row sensor, in the steering demo/test mode? As long as the computer thinks it’s trying to drive a straight line it will correct for row guidance. Not sure how it would do for mapping, but it at least should follow a corn row.

1 Like

To tell AOG which angle the wheels are pointing they need the WAS. But maybe use a second was that follow the row and connect to the adc in differential mode. There is a voltage problem here, best could be if it was possible to make it go from +2,5 V to - 2,5 V

1 Like

Yes! It is a brilliant idea to use the test control mode.
I could make a sensor rows based on a potentiometer through which WAS would be powered. The WAS sensor is ratiometric, so changing the supply voltage with the potentiometer / row sensor would shift the zero turn of the wheels.
In theory, it should work.
I am trying to write a program on NANO and use the V2 board and control in a loop independent from AGO but I am stuck on PWM modulation and the clock is ticking and you have to go out into the field!

1 Like

When you I would love to see the finished product. We run a 2388.