Autosteer - Brushless Motor

Yes it is it! It is not the newest version but it‘s ok for understanding.

It seems I am not allowed. I tried and I am only be allowed to upload jpg, jpeg, png, gif, txt, kml, xlsx, ino, cs. :thinking:

But it didn’t change very much, so tho older one is ok.

Here is the actual version:

I renamed the extension
KY170 Electric steering motor user manual V1.4 pdf.txt (987,9 KB)

This model with 85mm hollow can easy adapt to steerwheel, and thickness only 33mm.

Thank guys, I didn’t search on the good website !

Math

has anyone tried to control the vesc via uart?

https://youtube.com/shorts/93bcVAeCDP0
https://youtube.com/shorts/lCea64AWyBU
First field test with my brushless :smiley:

16 Likes

That is brilliant!! :sunglasses:

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :star_struck: i like it

Nice work ! :star_struck:
Witch motor is it ?

Nice work Giovanni!

A little bit modified Hoverboard wheel :

14 Likes

@giotoma Cool!! Is that a regular 3 phase hover board motor? Or did you find a single phase?

3 phase with hall sensors

Ok did you hack the original driver board or use a different one?

Vesc 4.20, like the one in the first message of this topic

hello , very einterresting , but I don t see anywhere how you control this engine , with a ESC ? I lokk for also the code for the arduino

Take a look at GitHub - Lechnerch/AOG_Autosteer_ESP32: AgOpenGPS V4 autosteer code for ESP32

Nice work!
Is that from a 6" or an 8" nominal diameter wheel? (sometimes quoted as 6.5" or 8.5") I could not quite tell by scaling off the steering wheel and pinion shaft. ( got 7"!)

It’s an 8", bigger is better, you can make the hollow shaft larger, so the adapter for the steering column is easier to make

hello , thank you for your answer , but did you have a wiring drawing , I saw that
but I not sure ti understand every think , Why a ESP32 ? I understand not the wifi ( you use D15 ) , I dont understand where is connect ESC , PWM and DIR ? ON D39 that it is ?