Autosteer Single GPS+IMU+Panda

I’ve got a couple of WT901 modules coming. Should be fairly easy to integrate into AOG, whether they’re accurate though is another question!

Edit: See this thread:

But this not works with PANDA

1 Like

In all Witmotion imus the magnetometer can be disabled like most other features with their own configuration software. Anyway like Vili said at the moment it can be used only in imu usb configuration and not with Panda.

I would be willing to spend more on a quality IMU…does anyone know what the commercial brands use ??? If we had a top notch IMU it may possibly help the WASless project move forward as well ???

Is there some fundamental reason why not?
If I had a panda board to test with, I’d adjust the code myself.

OK. Thanks

There is no fundamental reason.

It’s all about getting the IMU roll at the right time, as close as possible from the GPS fix.

So on PANDA you not only have to extract the roll but you also have to find a way (write the code) to synchronize the data, else there’s no advantage to use PANDA

1 Like

I used a Sparkfun razor imu, which uses the 9250. I just hooked it up to a serial connection but I think i2c would work too. Most of the time it worked good. On uturns it would get dizzy sometimes.

not yet. :wink: I have not yet received my teensy to play with!

You can build the entirely new board, deleting the nano from the equation.

Or you just need the teensy4.1, and the imu. On the same UDP network as the V2 steer box.

The V2 board just becomes an IO card, input for Was data and switches, output steering. Since everything is on UDP the speed of communication makes everything work regardless of where it is located.

V2 works, V2 and Panda work, Panda board works. Really flexible upgrade.

Hi,

I built a Teensy 4.1 board with a F9P antenna and CMPS14 using UDP.
When i upload Teensy 5.5 ino I have an antenna signal. If i upload the Teensy 5.6 ino I’m not getting an antenna signal. AOG 5.6.15.
Settings are the same (use CMPS14 = true, send via Ethernet = 1 , IP 192.168.0.120)
It stops at waiting for GPS in the serial monitor.
What am i missing. And is the Teensy 5.6 ino necessary, or will it work on the 5.5 ino as well. Haven’t had a minute to try it in the field …

JB

Double check the serial speed settings from the f9p to the teensy, on both the f9p and the teensy.

GGA is sent to the teensy, it creates PANDA and sends it to the tablet and agIO. If bench testing inside the F9P may not create GGA if it cannot see the sky.

I did. F9P output works with the 5.5 ino. i get a GPS signal in AOG. the settings for the F(P seem to be the same for both ino’s. If I upload the 5.6 ino to the Teensy there is no PANDA sentence in AOG.

With 5.5 is the teensy USB still connected to the laptop, or is it removed?

Could it possibly be sending data that way, not really going through udp?

There has to be some subtle difference in the setups. Try downloading a fresh copy of Panda for 5.6?

Would you mind taking a screenshot of the gps data from v5.5?

hello, do you have the references of the components to be soldered on this pcb?

1 Like

Panda PCB Parts.zip (927 Bytes)

I made two videos this morning. The 1st is with 5.5 the 2nd is with 5.6.

Do i have to move so thst 5.6 detects a change in position?

Here is the link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1O_cINk7Sj36dr0nz9QhoXt2CzbYPhT2d

Very strange, but its has to be a difference between the .ino setups for the teensy uart.

Clearly the hardware is working fine, but in your 5.6 ino it is looking in the wrong spot/speed for the GGA to be coming in and not finding it.

Mind sending the .ino files?

I got it from git hub. 5.6.15
A_Teensy_v56.zip (68.5 KB)

Ok then send the 5.5 version